Chapter 6: 'The Epitome of Wisdom'

When I got to the library,I stared at the building from top to down. I can't believe I've never been here before.

Libraries aren't really my thing

"Here we go",I breathed in and out and entered. The librarian was behind her desk. I greeted her and told her who sent me there and why.

Mr Khan must have told her already that I'll be coming because she was expecting me.

"You'll be cleaning the books with the cloth I gave you and placing them on their right shelves. I'm sure you already know that all books have to be arranged in alphabetical order. Oh and you'll have to wipe the dust off the shelves too..." Mrs Anderson, the librarian was telling me what I was actually supposed to do.

"Any questions?"

"Um,will I have to rearrange every single book here?"

She just smiled and I think I got my answer.

I can't believe I've actually been punished to work in the library. I've heard working here is really tiring.

Oh well,if I wanted to finish within the shortest possible time,I would have to get to work and stop staring at the dusty,dusty shelves.

Gosh, they looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. How on earth do people study here without catching a cold? Speaking of colds,I'm pretty sure I'll be down with one after playing Cinderella for an hour or two.

I noticed the "A" column of books started from behind. There has got to be at least a hundred shelves here,not to talk about those scattered on the tables. Mr Khan wants me to clean and rearrange all this? He has got to be kidding me.

I sighed and tied my handkerchief around my nose before beginning my 'punishment'.

***

I got to the "J" column which was in front, close to the entrance and the librarian's desk when I saw someone talking to her or should I say,giving something to her.

Hold on,I think I know who that is. I looked closer and confirmed my suspicion.

What would Jason Bradshaw be giving to Mrs Anderson? Or does he know her?

Kayra,that's none of your business,I reprimanded myself and continued dusting shelves like it was no one's business.

Of course it wasn't,you were the only one punished for coming to class late.

Ok the voice in my head should shut up now.

I didn't notice someone speaking to me since I was shutting my mind up.

"Excuse me",I finally looked up.

Oh my God,what is he doing here?

"Can I have the book?",he pointed at the book that was in my hand, about to be placed vertically on its rightful shelf.

I looked down and saw it was a novel,"Jack of Shadows" by Roger Zelazny

"Um....su-sure",I stammered before giving him the book. He took it and turned without even a thank you.

Forget about his lack of manners, Jayson Bradshaw just spoke to me!

And boy is he hot!!

He had blue eyes,the ocean they possessed capable of drowning me in them. His straight face made his jawline firm and brought out the contours and edges of his oh so masculine face. His chin was clean-shaven; smooth and stubless. I resisted the urge to feel his silky black hair which was undoubtedly soft. He spoke in a low tone which made his voice almost sexy.

I was still staring dreamily at his retreating back when a beep from my phone shot me out of my daze.

It was a text from Stephanie.

Steph: Aren't you done yet?

Me: Halfway

Steph: Well,hurry up!

Me: You know,you can just come over and lie that you were punished too and help me.

Steph: Are you crazy? You almost got me in trouble for texting in class and you want me to lie to the librarian?

Me: Oh Stephanie. It's fine,I'll just finish up myself.

Steph: That's more like it! And I'll treat you to ice cream later.

Me: Sounds good. Alright,ttyl.

Steph: Sure

I finished within an hour and gave the rag back to Mrs Anderson. It was so dirty,you couldn't recognize it as the one she handed to me three hours ago.

I threw my handkerchief which also looked like the rag in the dustbin,washed my hands and said goodbye to the place they called 'the epitome of wisdom.'

Kayra, you're never ever coming back to this place again, I more or less swore to myself before making my way to the parking lot twirling my keys on my right index finger,my baby was waiting for me there.

******

For some reason,I was really happy when I was writing this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Thanks for reading

And don't forget to vote and share.

- Jess💖