Chapter 26: Baby??

As I turned down the hallway to get to class, I met Stephanie. She was on her way to my locker so we could walk to class together before Audrey came to create a scene.

"Hey, what's got your panties in a twist?" She asked when she saw I was frowning.

"Uggh,I'm so tired of Audrey"

"What did she do this time?"

"Can you believe she actually said I was sleeping with Jayson?"

"Ew "

"I know right."

"So what did you tell her?"

"I gave her a piece of my mind and walked out on her"

"She never learns, does she?"

"Just forget about her and let's get to school, the bell will go off any moment from now."

"Sure. Shall we?" She held out her arm, elbow out and I giggled before hooking my arm in it. We both laughed and made our way to class like a groom walking down the aisle with his bride just after they got married.

*****Lunchtime*****

"So was the ride with your dad like yesterday? Or this time, you conversed a little."

"I didn't come with him.' She had a puzzled look on her face so I continued. "His car wasn't starting so I came with Jayson."

"You came with who?"

"You heard me Steph."

"Wow,you guys are really becoming close or what do you say?' She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and I almost rolled my eyes.

"Oh please, I only sat on his motorcycle because I had no other option. I would have been late if I hadn't come with him."

"Wait, you came by motorcycle?"

"Yes,Jayson doesn't have a car, remember?"

"He does. He just doesn't like using it. He used to drive to school at first,especially during sophomore year."

"Really?"

"Yes. For someone who lives opposite to him,how come you don't know?"

"Maybe I never really noticed."

"Okay,enough about Bradshaw. I think I'm going to catch Gale today."

"Oh my God,really? You still think something is up? Where is he even? I have to give him a good scolding for leaving me in the rain the other day"

"He didn't pick you up?" I shook my head in the negative. "That confirms my suspicions. He goes somewhere else and he won't tell me"

"Have you asked him about it?"

"Yes, I asked him yesterday. He just brushed it off with a lame excuse that we was just busy with some things and it was stressing him out and blah blah blah."

"Okay...... So how do you plan on 'catching' him?"

"I don't know. I was thinking I would just secretly follow him to find out where he has actually been going to and who he has been meeting."

"Steph, you know that is very risky. If whatever you're suspecting him of turns out to be false and he finds out you don't trust him,you know the harm it can put your relationship in right?"

"What do you want me to do then Kay? I'm suspicious and he's not telling me anything that will make me trust him so what else do you want me to do?"

"I don't know, but I still think Gale is a good guy."

"I'm his girlfriend Kayra and I'm saying his behaviour is strange. I just don't want to start thinking he's cheating but with the way things are going, if I don't find out,anxiety will kill me."