Chapter 25: Netflix and Chill

When I got home,my mom was around. She asked me to dry myself up and she reminded me of my appointment with the therapist this afternoon. My parents believed that the reason why according to them,I had become introverted was something that could be fixed by therapy and I could become my former happy self again. True,I was once outgoing but the events that took place in my life a while back compelled me to be more reserved.

Well, that's another story for another day.

I dried myself and changed my clothes. By this time,the rain had stopped and the sky began to clear. I took a quick bite because my mom insisted I ate something and left to the one place I'd rather not be.

As usual,the session was the same as always. Dr Alexa trying to get me to talk about my self and to open up but I just gave her straightforward and concise answers. I don't need to open up to anyone. There's nothing even wrong with me. Therapy is just a waste of time and money and my parents and everyone else need to understand that.

When the session was over,Dr Alexa sighed because she wasn't able to get me to talk as much as she wanted.

"Okay Jayson, we'll try this again on your next session. Like I said,try to make new friends and interact more, if not with anyone,at least with your parents. And yes,try to get a girlfriend. Okay Jayson?"

I nodded and she smiled.

"Okay see you next time."

Or not. I might not even come again

"Have a nice day Dr Alexa."

Finally,it's over!!

When I walked out of her office, I wasn't expecting what I saw next.

Kayra??

She was talking to the secretary,it appeared they knew each other. She turned when she heard the door open and saw me. She was as surprised as I was. But again,we didn't say anything each other. We just stared until I passed by her and went out.

I got on my motorcycle and went home to the peace and tranquility of my bedroom.

Kayra's POV

The next morning,my dad said he was going to drop me off at school again so I had to tell Stephanie not to come and get me. I called her.

"Hey girlfriend. You ready? Gale and I were just on our way" She said

"Steph, actually my dad will be taking me to school again today."

"Oh"

"Yeah,so you and Gale can go without me."

"Okie dokie. I guess we'll just meet you in school then"

"Yeah"

"Okay,have a nice ride." She teased and we both giggled before I hung up.

My mom had gone to work already and dad was having breakfast. When he saw me come down,he quickly finished up and took his keys as I placed his bowl in the dishwasher.

"Are you ready? Let's go",he said and went out. I followed him and locked the front door. He got into his car and I sat at the front with him. But when he inserted the key and turned it,the car wasn't starting.

Oh boy!

He sparked a couple of times but nothing happened. He even checked the engine but he couldn't seem to figure out what was wrong with the car.

Now how am I supposed to get to school?! Stephanie and Gale are gone already.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I was thinking of how I was actually going to make it to school without being late because enough time had already been wasted as my father was looking for the fault in his car. Out of the corner of my eye,I saw Jayson coming out of his house with his helmet.

Thank you Lord.

It may not be the best decision to ride with him but what other option do I have?

"Um,dad I'll go with Jayson then." I said and goodbyed him.

"Okay sure Kay. I'll just ask one of the company drivers to come and pick me. Have a nice day."

"You too Dad." With that,I hurriedly crossed the street before he leaves.

"Hi." He had put on his helmet so I tapped on the glass.

"You? What do you want?" He asked after he took off the helmet.

"Um,my dad's car broke down and I was hoping I could maybe catch a ride with you to school..... "He was hesitant to reply so I added, "Please"

"Okay fine. Get on"

"Thanks." I joined him at the back of the motorcycle and he put on his helmet again.

"You good?" I nodded and he gassed off.

During the ride,all I could think of were the events that took place yesterday. How good it felt when my arms were around him and when I saw him at the therapy center. He didn't say anything to me when I saw me so I said nothing too. I'm still wondering why he would be taking therapy. Yes,he's introverted but there are millions of introverts who don't take therapy. It's normal to be antisocial, right? I knew it wasn't my business but being curious is not going to change anything since I most definitely may never know why Jayson Bradshaw has therapy sessions.

When we got to school,a lot of people were staring at us. The bad boy and the not so popular girl? They were definitely thinking things that were not true but I just ignored all the looks and stares.

"Thanks for the ride",I muttered as soon as he parked and I got off and hurriedly made my way into the school before anyone stops me to ask me questions I don't want to answer.

I was taking my books from my locker when someone walked up to me. I turned.

Oh no,not her

"I see you're hanging out with Jayson now." She gave a sickly smirk and I knew there was disdain hidden behind it.

"That's none of your business, Audrey. Now please, leave me alone, I need to get to class."

"Oh sure sure. You can go to class,then after you can go and Netflix and chill with him later."

What the hell?!

"Audrey,know your limits, Jayson and I...."

She cut me off,"are hooking up?! Is that it? I always knew you were a hoe" She blew air on her fingernails for effect. And that just pissed me off.

"Look,Audrey. Not everyone is a slut like you. Whatever is between me and Jayson is none of your business so you might as well just shut your trap and get your hoeing ass out of here. I don't need you to ruin my day so please,if you would excuse me,I have priorities and as such I don't want to be late to class, unlike you who knows nothing but living an aimless life and being a bitch."

With that,I banged my locker shut and made my way to class not before hitting my shoulder on hers and leaving her fuming with rage and hatred. But I couldn't care less,she deserved it.

**********

Heyyyyyy everyone. Hope y'all are fine? I just want to say thank you for reading this far and for giving the story a chance, I really really appreciate it.

Were you wondering where Audrey went? Well,she's around,, even bitchier than before. What you think of that little scene between Kayra and Audrey? Audrey has got some nerves,am I right?

Anyway, thanks again for reading. Please please please please vote and comment and share. It really means a lot to me.

Love y'all xxx

-Jess💖