Chapter 14: People Pleaser

"So how are you gonna do it?"

"Do what?"

"Oh come on. How are you going to apologise to you know who?"

"I'm gonna go over to him and say,'sup man. What's good? I just wanna apologize for you being an asshole to me because I'm the bigger person in this situation. So be my biology partner. Thank you' and just turn and leave."

She gave me a look that said,'if you don't stop joking with me I'm just gonna abandon you like everyone else in this school'.

"What?" I asked innocent-like

"What do you mean by what? You know I'm being serious yet you're joking."

"Okay okay. I'm sorry but you need to relax. I don't think saying sorry is going to be that of a big deal."

"Surely you're not just going to say sorry and turn and walk away,are you?"

I had no answer to that

"Kay,are you?"

The truth was I didn't have even the slightest idea on how to apologise to someone who doesn't give a hoot about anyone else, someone who from what I've gathered doesn't even know how to say a simple thank you, someone who practically hates my guts. I still don't even know why I agreed to apologise in the first place. Maybe it was just the people pleaser spirit in me,I don't know.

Or because you need him for your grade.

"Kay?"

"Of course not. Of course I'm not just going to say sorry and walk away."

You liar! That's exactly what you plan to do

Voice in my head, keep quiet! I'll figure something out. No,we will figure something out.

"So what then do you plan to do?"

"I said relax. I'll tell you later. Right now, let's get to class. We don't wanna be late for homeroom."

"Alright then. But you better have something in mind because knowing you...."

I didn't let her complete her statement."I said I do have something planned. Just chill okay."

"Fine fine"

For the rest of the day,I was thinking of the plan which I apparently said already have all planned out.

Oh Lord help me.

I barely paid attention in any of the classes,I nearly got caught by our life skills teacher. During algebra, the class I had with Stephanie,she kept on stealing glances at me. I know because I was staring in her direction most of the time.

When the lunch bell rang, it startled me as I was deep in thought.

Oh no! She'll definitely ask me what my plan is. What am I going to tell her?!

Think,Kayra think!

*****

"So?"

"So what?" I concentrated on my salad because I didn't want to make eye contact with her.

"So what's the plan?" She popped the question

"Which plan?" I don't know why I was still playing forgetful.

"Kayra"

"Okay fine. I'll tell you"

Tell her what?

"Ahuh"

"You know what? When I apologise to him,I'll tell you how it went."

"Oh come on."

"What? I said I'll tell you after I apologise"

This time she sighed. "Okay. Fine,do whatever you want."

"Wow."

"What?"

She actually gave up. Stephanie Cole didn't pry!

"Oh nothing." I grinned and continued eating.

"So are you going?" She asked excitedly.

"Going where?"

"Don't tell me you don't know. Britney's party,it's this Friday."

"Britney Meyer? She's throwing a party?"

"Yes, that's what I just said. How come you haven't heard of it?"

"How do you get all this information before me?"

"I told you,I have my sources",she flipped her hair.

"Whatever. But I don't think I'll go"

"Why not?"

"Uh,I have parents.....",I deadpanned

"Oh yeah,and I live with aliens."

"Sorry",I giggled.

"But you really should come. I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun."

"I'll see how best I can convince my parents."

"You have to convince them,you must come to the party."

"Alright alright."

"Good,now let's get to class."

"Wait, where's Gale?"

"I don't know,probably somewhere with the guys."

"Oh okay"

She shrugged. "Don't forget about your apology"

Gosh. Can't she just forget about it?!

"I won't",I replied

"Good."

**********

School was over now. Stephanie and I were currently standing beside my car at the school car park -our usual parting spot.

"Steph,I don't even know where to find Jayson. He probably just disappeared on his motorcycle the moment school was over."

"If you don't see him here,you can go his house. Lucky for you,he lives just opposite to you"

"No way,I'm not going to the Bradshaw's house."

"Oh yes you are"

"All this because of a stupid project."

"Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do."

"Where the hell is Jayson Bradshaw?!"

"Well well well,looks like luck is on your side today."

"Huh? Why?"

"There he is",she pointed behind me and I turned. Jayson Bradshaw was leaning his back on the side of a car,he had headphones on and his eyes were closed.

"So go on,go apologize",she pushed me a little.

Somebody tell me this is a dream!

"Okay fine. I'll go. You don't have to push me."

What are you saying Kayra? You know you have no idea what you're going to say.

"Alrighty"

"Steph!", someone shouted.

"Perfect timing. Gale's waiting for me. Gotta go. I'll call you later."

"Yeah yeah,bye"

"Best of luck."

That's what I need now: luck.

"Thanks",I muttered before she walked over to her boyfriend's car.

Oh God, please help me

**********

Thanks for reading😊

- Jess💖