Chapter 28: Goodbye Gale

I woke up to see an empty ice cream tub on the floor and Kayra asleep on the other side of the bed.

I checked my phone for any texts or missed calls from my mom because I didn't tell her where I went and I had put my phone on silent

There were 3 missed calls from her but the ones that caught my attention were from Gale.

43 missed calls and 17 texts.

What again did he want from me? I sighed and texted my mom that I was at Kayra's house and I was fine and that I would be coming home soon.

I then opened Gale's messages.

Gale: Baby I'm sorry. Please I want to explain everything

Gale: Stephanie, please pick up the phone. Let's talk about this

Gale: Stephanie, please answer my calls. I'm sorry

Gale: Stephanie,are you okay?

Gale: Baby please pick up. Let me know you're fine.

Gale: Please don't try anything crazy. I love you and I'm sorry

Gale: Stephanie, please hear me out.

Gale: Baby,I'm sorry

Gale: You're misunderstanding something. Please I just want to clear things.

Gale: Stephanie,I'm sorry. Please answer my calls.

Gale: Stephanie,I'm worried now. Are you okay? I'm sorry, please let me explain

Gale: I know you will never forgive me,but please hear what I have to say,then you can decide to leave me. I'm really sorry, please let's talk about this.

Gale: I've been waiting at your house for three hours now. I know you're with Kayra. I don't want to come there so I'm waiting for you here. Please,come home and let's talk about this.

Gale: Stephanie,I'm sorry. I never meant for this to happen. Please stop ignoring me.

Gale: Baby, I'm sorry😭😭😭😭😭

Gale: Stephanie,baby please I'm sorry. I'm begging you, please, come home and let's sort things.

Gale: Steph I'm sorry. I'm still waiting at your house. Please come home,your mom is worried. Let's talk about this, please I beg you.

What the fuck?! Did he say he loves me,no I don't think so. If he did,he wouldn't sleep with another girl. Did he say he was worried about me? No he's not,if he was,he wouldn't have done what he did. I wonder how long he had kept this hidden. And how come Lesley was pregnant and no one in North hills knew? I don't even care anymore,im fact, she can go have more babies with him,it doesnt even matter to me anymore.

Kayra woke up and I told her I was going home. She asked why I won't have supper but I told her my mom was waiting for me.

"I'll drop you home then."

"But you still haven't gotten your car back",did she forget?

"Oh yeah". I heard her curse under her breath and I giggled.

"Don't worry, it's not yet dark. I can manage."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."