Chapter 10: Waterbender

When I went to school the next day, everyone was staring at me.

"Hey soda girl", someone teased

"What's up,soda girl?"

"Hi there soda girl"

Everywhere I turned, people were calling me soda girl and it started to irritate me.

I was at my locker now taking out my books for homeroom and this new nickname was doing nothing but spoil my mood so early in the morning.

"So Kayra,what did you do with your hair? I see you're wearing a hat today", Steph asked

"Oh yeah, I'll go to the saloon over the weekend to fix it."

"And are you sure they can?"

"I don't know,I just want my natural,silky,stain-free brown hair back."

I grabbed my water bottle and began drinking because I didn't drink any water after breakfast so I started to get thirsty.

"Have you thought of dyeing it?"

"No,never. I love my beautiful brown hair just as it is."

"Chill Kay,it was just a question."

Out of the corner of my eye,I saw him.

Yes,I saw the bad boy leaning against a wall with his headphones on and his backpack slung over one shoulder.

As if on cue,the next thing I heard was "Yo soda girl"

Whatever came over me next,I do not know but all I remember is storming over to where he was with the water bottle which had a little water left still in my hand.

"Hey!" I screamed causing him to raise his head.

In a split second,I splashed the remaining contents of the bottle on his face.

Take that Jayson Bradshaw

"Fuck!" He cursed

The look of shock and hatred on his face gave me the satisfaction I so yearned for.

I smirked triumphantly as he stood there looking like he was going to pound me into a pulp.

"Let's go Stephanie,we don't want to be late for homeroom." I addressed her while still smirking at the guy who probably thought he was so badass for pouring soda on the innocent girl which is me.

"Um,yeah yeah",she responded after coming out of the shock she had apparently also received.

Leaving the bad boy speechless,I sashayed past him with Steph still in shock.

**** Lunchtime****

"Kay, everyone's looking at you."

"I know."

And I definitely don't like it

"They must have heard what you did in the hallway this morning."

Of course,they must have. News in this school spreads like wildfire.

"I don't care if they heard or not. In my opinion,all I did was give him a taste of his own medicine."

"Yo soda girl,what's up?"

"Gale, please don't call me that again."

"You're right. We should rather call you 'the Waterbender'. Don't you think so,babe?" He said 'the Waterbender' as if he was was reading from a Broadway banner

"The Waterbender? Don't you dare call me that."

"Why not?" He asked and stole a fry....again!

I just ignored him.

"Babe,have you forgotten what happened the last time you stole one of her fries?" Stephanie asked him.

"He needs a thrashing before he'll remember. And why are you laughing?"

"Oh nothing." I'm sure she just remembered my stained hair and top.

"I'm not gonna mind both you and your boyfriend." And they both laughed.

"Well, I guess you're ready for the aftermath of what you did this morning because you have biology after here."

"I couldn't care less."

"Oh really, look."She nodded her head towards the cafeteria entrance.

Jayson Bradshaw walked in,hands in pocket,nonchalance,bad boy aura and all. My mind drifted to earlier this morning and I was proud of myself.

I still don't know how I managed to gather such courage though.

All eyes were on him and I swear,I heard a few people snicker.

"Yo soda man", someone screamed.

Oh so he got a nickname as well.

He just looked towards the direction of the sound and ignored it.

Gosh, someone should teach him how to show some emotions,if he won't smile.

"He sits behind you in bio."

"You don't need to remind me,I know."

"Alright alright."

"Are you done?" She was referring to my food

"Yeah."

"Good,then let's go. Lunchtime is almost over."

We walked together to the end of the hallway where we branch to our separate classes.

"Good luck",she sang and I sighed

******

Happy weekend. Love y'all

- Jess💖