Chapter 8: All Because of French Fries

"Kay,move fast. I'm starving",Gale was after me on the lunch line but I didn't know what I wanted to eat so I was taking my time to decide. I was aware I was delaying the line but meh...who cares?

"I'm still deciding. Wait a minute",that received a groan from him

Fries or pasta

After debating with myself,I decided to go with fries. Oh God,they were so mouthwatering,I could literally taste them in my mouth.

I smiled at the lunch lady who gave me a generous serving and winked at Gale who rolled his eyes.

"Kayra,what took you so long?"

"Chill Steph, I couldn't make a choice."

"You and your issues."

I laughed,"I don't have issues"

"Keep saying it till you believe it baby"

"Kayra!!"

"Here comes your boyfriend"

"What's up Gale?"I pretended as if I didn't just talk to him five minutes ago

"Oh don't act like you don't know what you did."

"Have we spoken today?" I went on playing oblivious.

"Babe,what did she do?"

"I didn't do anything Steph"

"Because of you,the fries ran short."

"Moi? Oh that's French for...."

He didn't let me complete,"I know what it is!! You'll have to give me some of your fries."

"Why? It's not like I even served myself."

"That's because you bribed the lunch lady"

"Don't be ridiculous"

It appeared Stephanie was enjoying the little banter going on between Gale and I.

"Erm...what's funny Steph?"

"Oh nothing,I'm just enjoying you guys fighting over food."

"We're not 'fighting'," that was Gale this time, "I'm just letting her know she owes me french fries"

"No I don't"

"Yes you do"

"No I don't"

We'll see."With that,he stole a fry from my plate and started running.

Oh no he didn't!!

"Gale!!" I chased after him despite the fact that we were in the cafeteria and could actually get punished for child's play.

"Haha!" He swerved past a group of students and I lost sight of him for a minute. When I saw him,he plopped the fry into his mouth and smirked.

He didn't just.....!!

You are so dead,Gale

I gathered momentum again and was about to start running when I hit someone's really muscular chest.

"Shit!",he exclaimed

"I'm so sorry",I apologized after noticing I had ruined his shirt with the soda he was holding.

"Can't you watch where you're going?!"

That voice, despite being an angry one,it was calm in a way. I've heard that voice before.

That's when I looked up

Oh my fucking golly!!

Jayson Bradshaw glared at me with a clenched jaw. I'm sure if he were a cartoon,steam would have been coming out of his ears by now.

"I... I'm sorry",I stammered

He didn't say a word,he just kept on staring at me with eyes that could create a hole right through my head.

After what seemed like a century but in actual fact was a minute,he tipped the soda can over my head emptying it's contents all over my hair. Droplets of the drink found their way into my shirt and trickled down my back. I could literally feel the lukewarmness.

Satisfied with himself,he just walked past me,again without a word.

The entire school was gawking at me,some with their mouths wide open and some with their hands over their mouths. The rest were obviously  laughing at me.

Oh God,why won't the ground just open up and swallow me?!

"Oh my God. Kayra,are you okay? Are you crying?"

I didn't even notice the tears that formed in my eyes.

"Kay,I am so sorry. This is all my fault",of course,Gale witnessed it too.

Why wasn't I saying anything? Or was I too embarrassed to speak?

"Kay", Steph nudged me

"Don't worry guys,I'm okay. And I have an extra shirt. It's fine"

"You sure?"

"He just poured soda on my hair. It wasn't that embarrassing. It's not like he stripped me naked or something",I said more to myself than to them.

"Okay,then go change quickly,I think we still have about ten minutes before lunch ends, your fries are still waiting for you". That made me smile,I had totally forgotten about them.

Just when I thought that was the end of it,"Miss I-dont-know-how-to-mind-my-business" showed up.

"I didn't know we were having a party here. What's up with the soda?" She teased

"Audrey,must you display your stupidity each and every time? No one needs you here. Please learn to mind your own beeswax. If you haven't noticed,I'm being really polite so fuck off."

Is it just me or Stephanie Cole just said beeswax

I would have laughed if not for the situation at hand. Let's see if Audrey is as good at coming up with good comebacks as she is in being a bitch.

"Look, Stephanie",she spoke her name with so much disgust,it could make a person change her name,"thanks,but I function better with unsolicited advice."

Damn! She didn't just say that to my bestfriend

"Hey hey hey, it's not her fault you can't shut up. If I were you,I would just leave while I still have a little bit of dignity left",I defended her

"Oh I'm sorry,but I didn't order a glass of your opinion",she shot back

"Cool story sis,but in what chapter do you SHUT UP!!"I wasn't done with her yet

"Okay okay,ladies,I see this is getting heated. Audrey,can you please leave? Or you know what, Kay,go freshen up before the bell rings", Gale spoke up.

"Whatever,I don't have time for your bullshit anyway". Then she turned and left.

Kayra 1, Audrey 0

******

Hey guys.

So.....there was a little drama.... Audrey should just learn to mind her business, don't you think?

Anyway, please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter and please share

- Jess💖