Chapter 12: Bad Boy Doesn't Like Frogs

Where the hell is he?

We were having our first practical session and my so called partner was nowhere to be found. It had already been 15 minutes and he still hadn't come to class.

Why do I even care? I don't need him anyway.

I looked at the dead frog in front of me and I almost felt like puking. It was just plain gross.

Just when I was about to stab the amphibian with the tool that looked like a little knife, Jayson Bradshaw walked in with his backpack slung over one shoulder,typical.

"Mr Bradshaw, would you care to tell me why you are late?"Mr Brooklyn asked him.

"It won't happen again sir."

"It better not. Now go join your partner. She's over there." Mr Brooklyn pointed in my direction.

"You?!"

Yes, Einstein. Your partner is the girl you disgraced in the cafeteria a few days ago.

"She's the one I'm supposed to be working with?" I don't know if he expected an answer or not but our biology teacher just nodded.

He clenched his jaw and moved over to my station.

Correction,our station.

I won't work with you,he said through gritted teeth.

"Congratulations,I don't want to work with you either",I retorted.

"How are you even in this class?"

Just what I thought. He didn't even notice I was the one who sat in front of him. How would he,when his mind was always in outer space!

"Are you seriously asking me that?! You're the one who had his timetable changed in the middle of the freaking semester!"

"Keep it down!" Mr Brooklyn shouted.

Oops I got loud,but it wasn't my fault. This asshole of a guy was irritating me with every second that passed.

I sighed. "You know what, just put your annoyance or your ego or whatever it is aside and let's just get this dissection over with."

"No,I'm not working with you."

With that he just turned and left the class, disregarding the presence of a teacher in the class.

Fine! If that's how he wants to do it,no problem. I started without him, didn't I? I can end without his or as a matter of fact,anyone's help. I don't even want him here anyway.

***Lunchtime***

"No way"

"Yes way"

"So he just left?"

"Yes Stephanie,he just left."

"So you dissected in frog all by yourself"

I looked up at her

Three...two....one

Just as I expected,she burst into laughter.

"I don't even know why I still hang out with you. You do nothing but just laugh at my misfortunes",I huffed.

"But what do you want me to do Kay? It's not like I can just go and box his ears and threaten him to be your partner."

"I don't want him to be my partner."

"Keep saying it till you believe it baby."

"I don't. What are you talking about?"

"I know you secretly have a crush on him."

That left me dumbstruck,I was opening and closing my mouth like a fish under water.

"Mmmhmm",she smirked.

"I do not have a crush on Jayson Bradshaw."

At least, not anymore

"I'm your bestfriend Kayra,I know you do even if you don't know you do."

"Does that even make any sense?"

"No matter how many times you deny it,I know it's true",she sang

"Whatever. I'm going to get soda. Your nonsense has made me thirsty."

"Ouch. Moi? Oh did I tell you I have a French test today? I'm preparing for it."

I just rolled my eyes playfully and said,"You're unbelievable"

"And I love you too",she giggled.

****

"Hey", while I was at the vending machine area, someone tapped on my shoulder.

It was the guy who saved me when the bike was about to hit me the other day.

"Oh hi...."

"Kingsley",he reminded me

"Yeah Kingsley. What's up?"

"I'm good."

"Cool."

"Yeah. You're Kayra right?"

"Yup"

"Nice nice. Um, I gotta go"

"Oh okay"

"So I'll see you around"

"Sure"

I still can't believe I hadn't seen him in school before until today.

I can only hope he isn't an asshole like someone I know.

*******

Don't forget to vote 🙃

- Jess💖