Chapter 18: Damsel in Distress

He pulled up on my driveway a few minutes later. The lights were off which means my parents were asleep.
I think the effect of the alcohol had reduced because I was no more feeling dizzy.

"Kay,do you have your keys with you?"

"Yes,I put them in my purse. Let me just check",I searched through my purse, phone,money, lipstick but no keys.

Oh my God,where are my keys?!

"Kay?"

"Wait a sec",I did I quick flashback and I remembered. I was supposed to put them in my purse with my phone after reading Gale's message but I put only my phone, leaving the keys on my bed.

"Fuck!"

"What?"

"I left them on my bed"

Now there's no way I'll be able to get into the house without waking my parents up

Double fuck!

"So what do we do?" Gale asked

There's only one thing we can do,"Ring the doorbell."

"Are you sure?"

"I know I'm going to get in trouble but it's all my fault. So I might as well just accept my fate."

"Accept your fate",he snickered

"There's nothing funny in this situation Gale."

"Okay okay. Are you ready?"

"Ready for what?"

Are you kidding me? Kayra,you know what he's talking about.

Realization hit me and I facepalmed myself.

"To accept your fate",he suppressed a laugh and I glared at him.

"Okay okay okay,put on your shoes,grab your purse and let's go"

I said a short prayer, inhaled and breathed out before coming out of the car

Even though this is the last thing I should be saying considering the number of sins I had committed just this evening alone,I said a quick 'oh God help me.'

When we got to porch,I started to feel dizzy again. I looked at Gale, "Do you want me to go now or should I stay?" He asked

Should I save him the trouble of seeing my parents scold me?

No wait, lemme rephrase that:

Should I save myself the embarrassment of him seeing my parents scold me?

I didn't even get to reply to his question because in the next moment,I passed out.....again!

Gale's POV

We finally arrived at her house and it seemed her parents were asleep.

God,she's heavy

When Stephanie repeatedly called me at the party,I was wondering what was wrong until I saw a passed out and probably drunk Kayra.

I thought she said she wasn't drinking tonight.

Peer pressure is a very bad thing.

I carried her through the crowd with Stephanie following with her purse.

When we got to my car,I regretted parking it so far away because I literally carried Kayra down the street.

I opened the backseat door and put her in. I made Stephanie take off her shoes because I didn't want them dirtying my seat.