Chapter 44: Homecoming

"I'll get it!" I heard my mom holler from downstairs when the doorbell rang the next Saturday. I was in my room getting my finishing touches done.

"Jayson's here!" I heard her holler again and this time I shouted back,"I'll be down in a minute!"

I applied nude lipstick on my lips and smacked them together so that it is evenly spread and looked at my reflection in the mirror one last time. I was more than satisfied with my look and I can proudly say I looked beautiful. I was wearing a pink sequin dress that reached just above my knee. I paired it with my silver heels,a silver clutch and a small necklace.

Simple but elegant

Grabbing my purse,I rushed downstairs,carefully because I was in heels and I definitely did not want to fall or slip or twist my ankle or anything.

As I was descending the stairs,my boyfriend and my mother were staring at me. My mother was smiling, probably proud of the woman she had raised but Jayson had the most affectionate look on his face. His eyes were focused on just me,as if there was nothing or no one else in the room and it made me nervous and afraid that I would slip in front of him and embarrass myself so I averted my eyes from his gaze and made my way down in the most meticulous manner ever.

Jayson was in a casual tuxedo,and he looked dashing in it.

My knight in shining suit and tie

I stood by him and smiled and he smiled back at me

"Aww,you two look so adorable together", my mom gushed. "Pose,lemme take a picture"

We posed beside the staircase. Jayson put his arm around my waist and I grinned.

"Perfect!" She exclaimed after clicking the camera button. "Alright, Jayson, bring my daughter back home before midnight."

"Don't worry Mrs Summers"

"Great. Oh and Kayra,no drinking"

"Yes mom",I replied

As if I had even planned to

"Good." She walked with us outside before she said,"Have fun,you two" and went back in.

"Nice dress",he said when it was just the two of us.

"Thanks,nice tux",I giggled and he frowned but laughed too.

"So I see we're going with your car."

"Yup,a beautiful lady in a beautiful dress deserves a beautiful ride",I blushed.

"Well,let's get going then"

"Sure, we're going to pick Stephanie up right?"

"Yes,her house is not far from here"

"Cool"

He opened the car door for me and I said thank you before he jogged over to the driver's side.

Stephanie was ready and waiting for us. She looked stunning in her simple light blue dress and platforms.