Chapter 49: True Happiness

"Yes,I won! Again!" I screamed.

Jayson and I were playing fortnite in his room. We've been playing for about two hours and I've won all three matches.

Make that four

"No. It can't be. You cheated!" He retorted

"Oh don't be ridiculous Jayson. I've won four times. Did I cheat in all the matches?"

"It's possible",he shrugged

"Oh come on. I won, fair and square."

He finally accepted defeat, "Okay fine,you won."

I squealed

"You've just been in luck,that's all. I'll beat you in the next match"

"Oh really"

"Yes"

"Then I guess you'll have to wait till tomorrow to beat me."

"Uh no, we're playing again."

"Babe,it's almost noon"

"So?"

"I have to go home"

"Why?"

I facepalmed myself

"Because my mom is not home so I have to prepare lunch."

"And how long is that going to take? Come back here when you're done"

"I have to get ready too"

"For what?"

"Jayson!"

"What?",he really didn't remember?

"The party's today."

"Which par...."he started to ask but then remembered,"Oh yeah,the Val's party."

"Yes,how could you forget. Steph was talking about it all day yesterday."

"I don't know,I don't know. But will you really take that long to get ready. The party's not until 4pm."

"Yes,I will take that long to get ready"

He gave me a 'you've got to be kidding me' look

"Don't look at me like that. It's not like the world is going to end tonight. We'll play tomorrow,I promise."

"So you can't even stay for just one more round?" He kind of begged

"No,I can't",I giggled and kissed him before placing the controller on his bed and getting up to leave.

"Alright alright, just leave"

"See ya",I sang

Yeah whatever. I knew he wasn't upset or anything so I laughed.

When I got home,dad was in his room. I quickly fixed us some pasta. And when I was done,I hollered, "Dad, lunch is ready"

"I'm kinda busy with something Kay.  You can have yours,I'll come down in a few minutes",he hollered back.

I did just what he asked and washed my plate and the dishes I used to cook. After cleaning the kitchen,I went up to my room.

I threw myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling,my mind blank for a while. Then I sat up straight and looked straight at my closet on which my dress for tonight was hanging. It was a simple red knee length dress.

So simple

I got bored staring at it and looked in the direction of Jayson's window. He wasn't in his room.