Chapter 7: Why Do Timetables Have To Be Alterable?!

"So you're saying Jayson Bradshaw went to the library yesterday?"

"Yes, Steph. How many times do you want me to tell you?" I replied as I placed my lunch tray on the table.

"And he spoke to you?"

"He just asked for a book,it was nothing."

"Oh I don't think so. Jayson Bradshaw spoke to you and that means he has noticed you Kayra."

Hearing his name alone made my heart skip a beat. After yesterday,I couldn't stop thinking about him. But of course,I didn't tell Steph that.

"No he hasn't,he probably doesn't even remember my face."

But you do remember every detail of his face.

"Enough about Jayson Bradshaw, let's talk about something else." That was more to my self than to Stephanie

"Well, okay. What did your parents say about you coming home late yesterday?"

"The usual. 'You should grow up Kayra. Take school seriously' and all that."

"Why didn't they wake you up anyway?"

"My mom was on morning shift and my dad had a meeting at work so he left really early."

"Oh okay."

"Hey guys"

"Hi Gale", I responded as the same time Stephanie said,"hey babe"

"What's up?"

"Food. Isn't it obvious?" I rolled my eyes playfully and he laughed.

"Oh okay,I see. But lunch is almost over,you girls should hurry up."

"Didn't you have lunch?" Steph asked him

"I ate with the guys."

"Oh okay"

Gale was part of the football team so he usually hang out with them.

The bell rang and we went our separate ways; Stephanie and Gale to Art class and I to biology.

*****

"Good morning class. Before I continue,we have someone joining us. Jayson,come on in." I nearly choked on my saliva when Jayson Bradshaw walked in.

"Jayson here had his timetable changed,so he'll be having biology with you from now on. He may be having other classes with you as well but that isn't my concern."

Addressing the bad boy,he said,"you're welcome to our class. Please, find a seat and settle so we can move on with the class"

I froze when I realized he chose the seat right behind me.

Oh God,why did that seat have to be unoccupied?

I shifted uneasily in my seat for the rest of the period. Now he wasn't just in my thoughts but he was in my class as well.

Just great!

Note the sarcasm

****

"You won't believe what happened in bio?"

"What?" Stephanie was going home with me today to pick up her stuff that she left in my house some time back. Also because she left her keys at home and her mom won't be back until after dusk.

"Jayson Bradshaw is in my biology class now."

"What? How come?"

"Apparently,he had his timetable changed."

"In the middle of the semester?"

"And who knows which other classes of mine he's in."

"At least, he'll be sitting at the back so he still might not notice you."

"Wrong. Guess what? He sits fricking behind me!!"

"Ouch",she tried to stifle a laugh

"It's not funny,my life is ruined!"

"Oh come on. He doesn't even know you."

"But eventually he'll notice the girl who sits right in front of him in biology class."

"Now, you're the one being pessimistic."

"I'm not being pessimistic"

"Yes you are. Even if he does notice you,what can possibly happen?"

"Have you forgotten his house is just opposite mine?"

"So?"

"It's fine,let's stop talking about him."

Yes,let's daydream about him

Voice in my head,shut the fuck up!!

***

I pulled up on my driveway parking in a way that there's enough space for my dad's car.

We hang out, mostly gossiping.

Yes! We're two teenage girls who love to know everything that goes on,can you blame us?

I sometimes do wonder how Steph gets all that information anyway.

"I have my sources" was her reply everytime I asked.

Before we knew it, it was dinnertime and she helped me cook supper. After eating, I dropped her home.

*****

Thanks for reading 😊

- Jess💖