Chapter 36: Third Party

"Kay,what took you so long?!" Stephanie complained when I finally got in the car.

Jayson wanted to walk with me to my car but I stopped him when we got to where his motorcycle was parked.

"Nothing important,you ready?"

"Yes, let's go."

I started the car and drove out of the school's car park. During the ride, Stephanie got a notification and she checked her phone.

"My oh my!",she exclaimed.

"What?"

"Oh I now know what kept you for so long"

"Huh?"

She showed me her phone and I looked at it for a second before focusing on the road again.

It was a video,and I figured out it was what had happened a few minutes ago.

Stephanie increased the volume so we could hear what Jayson was saying.

"Good,it's good you're leaving before I say anything to you." That was the part he was addressing Audrey.

"Oooh, this is getting interesting." It got to the part he was talking to the other students.

"And to all of you,yes, Kayra is my girlfriend. Anyone who has anything to say about it can come face me"

His voice,oh God his voice,even on camera

Stephanie awwed and I felt embarrassed,my cheeks flushed and I couldn't use my hair to cover my face because I was driving.

"You two are so cute together, who knew Jayson Bradshaw could be so possessive of his 'girlfriend'",he made air quotes with her fingers.

"Oh stop it Stephanie. I probably look like a strawberry right now."

"I won't, you're cute when you blush",she pinched my cheek like I was a chubby little child.

"Yet again,I was right. I shipped you and Jayson together and now look at the two of you, you're the most popular and most adorable couple in school."

"It's fine Stephanie. Look,we've reached your house. Go and rest, you've already said too much." I pulled up on her driveway

"Yes Mrs Bradshaw",she teased.

"Don't call me that."

"Why not?" She didn't wait for a reply,she just banged the car door shut and shouted,"See ya!"

I shook my head and laughed before reversing the car and going home.

***Two days later***

Today was the day of the presentation. Yesterday, I really got a lot of attention. Everyone was staring at me and some girls even had the courage to come and ask me how I was able to get the bad boy to come out of his shell and fall for me. I just ignored them and went about my business.

When school closed,I went over to my boyfriend's house so we could perfect our presentation and today after four weeks which included one pride-filled week of refusing to work with each other,two weeks of tolerating each other and one week of dating while working peacefully together,the final day of the biology project has finally arrived.

Mr Brooklyn hadn't arrived yet and neither had Jayson. I was nervous as fuck. Everyone was going over their work and I just sat there looking at the paper but I was wasn't reading anything. What if I mess up while speaking? The whole class would laugh at me.

As I was hyperventilating and trying to take in deep breaths to counter my anxiety attack,I heard his voice.

"Hey,are you okay?" He placed his bag down and sat at his seat behind me.