Chapter 27: He Doesn't Deserve Your Tears

Stephanie's POV

"What's going on here? Is....is that a baby?" I asked when I saw the stroller behind Lesley. I didn't know whether I was angry or hurt or anything but all I knew was,I was losing it. Lesley was in Gale's house. Lesley frickin Taylor was in Gale's house with a baby. Wait a minute,the baby can't be his, right?

Oh my God but what if it is?

"Oh hello Stephanie" , Lesley said with a smirk.

"I asked,what the hell is going on here?!"

"Steph, it's not what you think okay. I can explain."

Those words,I've heard them countless times in movies and once they're uttered,it only meant one thing.

"It's not what I think? Tell me,what do I think? Lesley is in your house Gale, Lesley!!" Tears were filling my eyes right now and my vision was getting blurry.

"Steph,calm down. Let's talk about this. Lesley was just leaving."

"No,I wasn't", Lesley scoffed and he glared at her.

"Whose baby is that?" I managed to voice out the one thing that was on my mind.

Gale was going to say something but Lesley beat him to it.

"Ours",she still had that smirk on.

What does she mean by ours? Who and who? Oh come on Stephanie, this isn't rocket science. You know very well who she's talking about.

I don't know whether she knew what I was thinking but she continued,"Gale's and my baby."

"What?!" I said quietly.

No she's lying. It can't be. The tears were threatening to spill.

"Stephanie,baby I can ex...."  Before he completed his statement,I ran out of the room,tears flowing down my cheeks.

"Stephanie!" ,he called out after me. I stopped, wiped away the tears with my hand and turned.

"What do you want from me? Huh?"  Lesley. Gale,you went for Lesley? How did this even happen? You were sleeping with her right under my nose?"

"Steph, please. Hear me out, it's not what you think. There's an explanation for all this"

"Okay,fine,I'm listening then",I crossed my hands over my chest and tried to ignore the throbbing in my chest,the heartache I was feeling right now.

"We can't talk in the middle of the street. Come back to my house, let's talk about this."

"Me? Go back to your house? Are you joking? You know what,save whatever lousy explanation you have to yourself. And go back to the mother of your child. Your baby must be crying for you",I spat out in pain.

"Baby, please don't do this."

"Don't you dare call me that Gale. And what do you expect me to do. I come in to your house to meet my archnemesis and a goddamn baby whom she claims belongs to you and you want me to just stand there and listen to whatever you want to say, whatever lies you want to tell me?"

"Stephanie please."

"I am done here. I don't want to look at you for another second", with that,I turn and run. Not sure where I was going, but all that matters was I was running away from him. I heard him scream my name but I blocked it out.

I can't believe he did this to me.

*****

Somehow,I managed to get to Kayra's street since it wasn't that far from Gale's and mine so I went to her house. I don't usually ring the doorbell,I just barge in but today I decided to use it.

She opened the door few moments later and I burst into fresh tears.

"My goodness, Steph what's wrong? What happened?"

"I... I... he...he...Gale...." I wasn't able to form any words,I just started sobbing again. I didn't even know how to explain what had happened an hour ago.

"Aww baby,come here." She opened her arms and I fell into them. She held onto me in a hug and pulled me inside before closing the door. She continued to hold me as we walked to the living room and I dropped myself on the couch. She brought me water and I drank because I was still thirsty from running.

"Tell me what happened. Did you go to Gale's house? Did he say anything to you? That asshole is so dead. How dare he make my best friend cry?!" She cared so much and it made me start crying again.

"Stephanie,stop crying." She hugged me again and my sobs subsided

"He took me home after we dropped you",I started talking. "I thanked him for the ride and he drove off. I wanted to follow him so I went to his house because that was the direction his car was going and I knew he was heading home. When I got there, there were two cars parked outside, Gale's car and another one I didn't recognize." I sniffled and Kayra rubbed my back.

"So I entered and I saw,I saw Lesley",I broke down again.

"Lesley? You mean Audrey's best friend, Lesley."

"Yes, Lesley. And she,she had a baby"

"A baby?"

"She said it was hers and Gale's",the tears were pouring now.

"Hers and Gale's? How is that possible? Does that mean Gale cheated on you?"

I nodded and sobbed.

"Shhhh, don't cry. Gale doesn't deserve your tears." I couldn't help myself. That was the only thing I could do,cry.

"Did Gale say anything?"

"He said he wanted to explain but I didn't let him."

"I'm sorry Steph. I'm sorry I supported him when you said you were suspecting him. That asshole,I'm so gonna kill him."

"It's not your fault Kay. Who would have never thought Gale would do this to me?But he did",the floodgates opened again.

"Stop crying Stephanie. Please stop crying."

"I wanna lay down." I said. My muscles were aching and I felt so tired, probably from the running.

"Okay,you can go to my room. I'll be there in a minute."

"Thanks Kay."

"My pleasure. Now go get some rest."

When I laid on her bed,I wanted to just close my eyes and fall asleep and forget everything that had just happened but I couldn't. My mind kept drifting back to the events that had happened this afternoon.

"Whose baby is that?"

"Ours, Gale's and mine"

Those words kept replaying in my head and it made me cry even more.

Kayra entered the room with a tub of strawberry ice cream and two large spoons. She grinned at me and I smiled.

"Ice cream fixes everything",she grinned and joined me on the bed. She offered me a spoon and I took it. Then she took a scoop of the ice cream and shoved it in her mouth. She knew strawberry was my favorite ice cream flavor so she intentionally moaned to show how good it tasted and I giggled before scooping some myself.

When we finished the ice cream,Kayra cracked some jokes to make me laugh and we eventually fell asleep.

*******
Yayyyy,ice cream🤗🤗. Ice cream does fix everything, doesn't it? Maybe even heartbreak🤔

I almost cried writing this chapter because of how much Stephanie was crying😥. Just kidding;-),but I did get teary at a point🤧

I hope y'all loved this chapter. Please vote and share.

Thanks for reading

Love y'all xxx

-Jess💖