Chapter 2: You Chose Drama Over Lunch

My alarm woke me up. I groaned and made my way to the bathroom to freshen up.

I wore a t-shirt and some tights with my white sneakers. I didn't feel like putting on makeup so I didn't apply any. I tied my hair into a ponytail. When I was satisfied with my look,I grabbed my backpack. I wasn't hungry so I just took an apple and left the house after wishing my dad a good day at work. My mom was on morning shift at the hospital so she had left already.

****

When I got to school, Stephanie was waiting for me by my locker

"Hey Steph",I greeted. Before she could even respond,I added,"Yes,I did my homework."

She giggled and asked,"You good?"

"Yup."

Just then,the bell rang and we went together to homeroom.

****

Finally,the lunch hour bell rang,the only thing I look forward to in school aside the closing bell.

"Okay class, we will continue tomorrow," our literature teacher said and everyone rushed out.

I had to get the books I'll need for the next class before I went for lunch as I didn't want to be tardy so I waited till everyone left. When I got out of the class,there were a few people in the hallway. They probably had the same plan as me.

After taking out my chemistry textbook,I banged my locker shut and was making my way to the cafeteria when I heard a bang as if something had hit one of the lockers. I turned.

Oh no

Audrey.

She had shoved a girl,a freshman,I presume, against one of the lockers. I walked to them. By them,I mean Audrey, Lesley her bestfriend and a few other girls. They were laughing.

I noticed the girl was wearing glasses. Her books had fallen and she looked like she was about to cry. I helped her up.

"Fuck off Audrey."

"No one needs you here Summers"

"Are you okay?"I asked the girl in glasses. She nodded shyly.

"Go on." She gathered her books and took them to the cafeteria.

"Oh really", I turned to reply to Audrey. "No,tell me,what do you achieve by torturing other people"

"I don't 'torture' people",she made imaginary quotation marks in the air with her fingers,"I just do what I feel like...."

"And don't care whether it affects other people or not", Lesley finished it up.

"Exactly",she gave her a high five and they giggled

I rolled my eyes.

"People like us...no wait,people like me already know who you are and what you love to do and we don't give a fuck but just leave the freshmen out of your games."

"You don't tell me what to do."

"You're right, I don't tell you what to do. In time, someone will teach you bitches a lesson."

"And I suppose that someone is you",they giggled again.

"Look, Audrey," saying her name alone makes me want to barf, "I won't waste my precious lunchtime on you."

Without another word,I just turned and left. My cheesecake was waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" Steph asked when I plopped down at the lunch table.

We had separate classes before lunch on Wednesdays so I hadn't seen her since homeroom.

"Audrey was pestering one of the freshmen again.

"Uggh,that girl"

"I know right."

"She needs some lessons."

"That's what I told her", I laughed.

My laugh turned into a scowl when I heard the bell ring.

"But I haven't had my lunch yet!"

"Poor you. Let's see how you'll survive history on an empty stomach."

"You know,for my bestfriend, you're really inconsiderate."

"Aww baby,if I were you,I would start stuffing my face with cake."

"Good idea."

Oh my God,the cheesecake was good. Too bad I don't have enough time to savour it.

I'll get you for this Audrey!! I swore in my head

****

For the rest of the day,I was fantasizing about the cheesecake I didn't get to enjoy because of that real life Cruella so as soon as I got home,I went straight to the kitchen to look for something to satisfy my growling stomach, preferably something sweet to pacify myself.

Fortunately for me, I opened the fridge door to meet an oh so magnificent slice of pie staring at me.

Oh thank goodness.

I hurriedly took it out and put it in the microwave to heat for my eating pleasure. When I removed it,the aroma was heavenly and the mere sight of it made my mouth water.

The pie tasted as good as it looked. I'm sure it was bought because even though my mom was an amazingly good cook and baker,the pie had a certain taste which I didn't think was homemade.

I downed a glass of juice after my little afternoon snack and I felt like a living being again.

For the rest of the afternoon, I watched TV until my parents came back and we had dinner.

After my usual tradition of washing the dishes after everyone was done eating,I retired to my room to prepare a little for school tomorrow because I didn't want to fall back on my grades.

God I hated school,but what could I do since it was a major part of my life.

I felt I had done enough studying after thirty minutes so I decided to go bed.

Life is hard

*******

So that was chapter 2🥂
And Audrey made an appearance, another drama queen😒

Well, don't forget to vote😁

Thanks for reading.

- Jess💖