Chapter 18 (Part 1) - Kill

Sorry for the edit everyone. This chapter will have a part two that should be up tomorrow. Xx

After the party, Bella was extremely worried. Now the wolves were on our side, a victory was pretty much guaranteed.

Bella didn't seem so sure. Of course, she had never seen us fight so wouldn't know. But she was overly worried about the wolves, at least in my opinion.

She was so anxious as she left, Jasper had even used his gift to calm her down.

We were training tonight. I agreed with Jasper to let him take the lead; I wasn't particularly in the mood to coach the others.

I was just pleased the the army was coming here, away from Seattle and Kyle.

I could wait for this to be over so I could see him again. There was, of course, the possibility that he might not want to see me but I had to at least try.

At 2.45 that morning, we left the house to run to the clearing nearby, the same clearing we had played baseball in last year.

I was wearing trainers, leggings, and a tank top, clothes easy to fight in.

I planned to train with Edward; I wanted to show him I was better.

At 2.50 am we left the house and ran to the clearing, the same clearing we played baseball and football in, which felt like so long ago.

We were standing around talking about random things whilst we waited for everyone else to arrive.

It felt good to laugh and talk about things that weren't the fact we were all about to enter battle that we might not all survive. Though now we had the wolves the chances of that were very low. We were all quite optimistic about the whole thing now but there was always a chance of spending bad happening, no matter how slim.

It wasn't long before Edward and Bella arrived at the clearing. Alice didn't look particularly happy and it took me a moment to realise it was because she couldn't see anything. The wolves were on their way so she had no idea what was about to happen.

"Hey, Edward," Emmett greeted. "Hey, Bella. Is he going to let you practice, too?"
"Please, Emmett, don't give her any ideas," Edward groaned. It wouldn't surprise me if Bella did want to join in; she wasn't exactly one for sitting on the sideline.

"When will our guests arrive?" Carlisle asked Edward.
"A minute and a half," Edward told him "But I'm going to have to translate. They don't trust us enough to use their human forms."

Carlisle nodded. "This is hard for them. I'm grateful they're coming at all."
"They're coming as wolves?" Bella asked, eyes wide. I didn't see why that's as so shocking.

Edward nodded in answer, seemingly cautious of how Bella would react. Surely she's seen them as wolves before. Was she scared of them when they were wolves?

"Prepare yourselves," Edward said, a strange gleam in his eye "they've been holding out on us."
"What do you mean?" Alice demanded.
"Shh," he said, and stared past her into the forest.

We moved round into a loose formation with Jasper and Emmett at the head, Carlisle's to Emmett's right and me to Jasper's left.

I have to admit I was surprised when I first spotted the wolves. They really had been holding out on us.

Standing before us were 10 large wolves, several more than last we heard. Maybe they sensed the danger coming our way. I'd trusted Sam and Jacob to be able to handle the Newborns but I wasn't so sure about these newer wolves. Could they control themselves? Could they fight? Had they even killed a vampire before?