Chapter 18 (Part 2) - Apologies

This is part 100 of Edward Cullen's Little Sister!!!!!!! I can't believe we are this far through. I started this book just over a year ago and I never imagined this being where it is now with 97k reads! It is honestly insane to me.

It's odd looking back at when I first started this. Kyle wasn't even in my plan for this book when I first started writing but I have no idea what half of this would be about it if he wasn't in it.

Thank you everyone who has stuck with me this far and I hope you enjoy the rest of it. 💖💖💖

Anyway, enough of this. To the chapter:

Before anyone could say another word, I took off running back in the direction of the house. I couldn't face everyone right now, especially Emmett.

Once inside, I ran to my bedroom where I punched the wall, my fist going straight through to the adjacent room, which so happened to be Alice and Jasper's bathroom.

I couldn't believe I had almost killed Emmett, that I was so determined to.

I was so messed up.

Jasper didn't have any trouble with fighting yet when I did, it was like all rational thoughts flew away from me. Why did I struggle so much? It had been years; why was I still so focused on my past?

I changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and a cropped, white jumper.

Sitting in the middle of my bed, I tried to prepare myself for the others to return.

It wasn't long before I heard them all running back to the house, except for Edward who had taken Bella home.

I didn't leave my room to go and meet them; I just stayed where I was, staring blankly at the wall in front of me.

"Ellie," Emmett's voice sounded from the doorway. I slowly turned my head to meet his gaze before looking away again feeling nothing but immense guilt.

"I'm sorry," I spoke quietly.
"It's okay," he replied, not moving any closer.

He's probably cautious incase I try to kill him again, I thought as the guilt increased.

"It's not okay. I tried to kill you, Emmett!" I cried. "I would have murdered you if Jasper hadn't stopped me and you say it's okay?!"

"I know you didn't mean it, Ellie."
"But I did, Emmett! I really wanted to kill you!"

"Ellie, I have no idea what you've been through but I can't imagine that it's something that you just forget and move on from. We all understand how difficult it must be for you and none of us blame you for what happened, especially me."

"Thanks," I said quietly "I am so so sorry for what I did but you can't forgive me that easily. I should have come and found you to apologise; you shouldn't be trying to make me feel better right now. It's so messed up, I'm messed up."

"You're not messed up, Ellie," Emmett started but I cut him off "Yes I am! You don't know what I was thinking when we were fighting."

I could feel the emotions building up inside me and knew I was close to exploding.

"Ellie," Jasper said, appearing in the doorway.
"Jasper, what's wrong with me?" I asked.

"Nothing wrong with you, El," he said, walking closer to my bed as Emmett left. "The same thing has happened to me to before."
"Really?"

He nodded. "You know, I think the battle will be good for you, it might help you get it out of your system."
"Yeah. I was meaning to ask you, how are you going to find Kyle?"

"Well, my tracking isn't bad and you know his scent very well so we go to Seattle and search til we catch it. It's not the biggest of places; it shouldn't be too hard to find," Jasper explained.
"But there are so many people."
"There are, but Kyle's your mate and his scent will be stronger to you than the others."

"Thank you," I said, feeling happy for a change. I really couldn't wait to see Kyle.