Part 29

General POV

Hailey and Jay awake to Jays phone going absolutely insane, pinging relentlessly from the team texting and ringing him. "Ugh" Jay groans, rolling over to grab his phone which has ended up at the bottom of Hailey's bed. "Jay?" Hailey hazely questions, rolling over to see what Jays doing. "The team are spamming my phone, I've been here two hours. I have to get back to work and get yelled at by Voight" Jay stressful chuckles, flipping onto his knees and leaning down to kiss Hailey. "Oooops, good luck" Hailey laughs, chucking Jay his belt she previously removed. "Thanks, um, what now?" Jay asks, scratching his head. "I don't want to spend the first night in my new apartment alone" Hailey smirks, dressing herself at the same time as Jay. "I like your train of thought, I'll see you tonight then" Jay smiles, hopping over to Hailey to give a bye kiss (one leg in and one leg out jeans leg) and disapearing out the bedroom.

*****

Jay jumps merrily up the stairs into the bullpen, a huge grin plastered across his face and in the best mood he's been in for yonks. "You just won the lottery?" Kevin raises his eyebrows, wondering why Jay left looking sullen and now is back all merry and happy. "Hu?" Jay frowns, completely unaware of the massive grin he's letting off. "Your grinning like a loon" Mouse chuckles, hitting Jay playfully on the arm with a file as he walks past. "You skived off to see a chick" Kevin ghasps, for somereason pointing his finger harshly at Jay. "I wasn't, I had to go collect something" Jay lies, taking a seat at his deserted desk. "For two hours?" Kim smirks, not believing a word coming out of Jays mouth. "Yes, it was all the way at the other side of town. By the way, Hailey's coming back into work at the desk in a fortnight" Jay diverts the conversation to something else completely, hopefully enough to get the team off his back. "How'd you know?" Al asks skeptically, coming out from the breakroom with a banana. "She called me" Jay states, starting to get a little tetchy. "Alright, back off, get on with work" Voight bellows from his office, really not in the mood to listen to them all argue over Jay's personal antics. "He's seeing someone" Antonio mutters under his breath like a school child, earning a small giggle from Kim next to him. "JAY, OFFICE" Voight orders, his grough voice sending chills up Jays back.

Jay closes Voights creeky door behind him, standing to attention almsot infront of Voights desk. "Where were you? feel free to skip the lie" Voight asks, sitting back into his chair and fiddling with a pen. "I was with Hailey, she was just worried about coming back to work and we just talked for a while. I reasurred her she would be okay" Jay lies through his teeth to protect them both. "So you haven't told Hailey how you feel (like I told you to at Med) and she didn't tell you how she feels?" Voight says raising an eyebrow, internally laughing at the shiny cover rising on Jays forhead. "It's fine Jay if that's were you where, its taken you both long enough" Voight smiles, finding Jay looking like a dear in head lights amusing. "Your not going to fire one of us or split us as partners are you?" Jay questions, his face all fifty shades of red. "Jay, you and Hailey are the strongest partners in this unit. You'd have to kill each other if you want to be separated" Voight smiles, relived he doesn't have to watch Hailey and Jay scoot around their feelings for each other any longer. "Please don't tell anyone out there, they won't let it go" Jay beggs, not wanting the third degree of the team about him and Hailey. "What happens in here stays in her. Go back to work" Voight says, pointing to the door for Jay to leave. "Thanks Sarg" Jay nodds, leaving Hank in peace.