Part 41

General POV

In the kitchen, Jay and Hailey laugh until there heart's content at Jay trying to use a spiraliser for the first time. Jay presses the corgette against the spiraliser so hard, that it shoots across the island and onto the floor. "You know what, I think you should just do this" Jay grins, taking the spiraliser off Hailey, which she just picked up off the floor. "Yeh, I think so too" Hailey chuckles, starting to spiralise the corgette like it is as easy as counting from one to three. "How do you do that?" Jay asks, unbelievably discombobulated to how easy Hailey is finding the task, yet very impressed with her cooking skills. Her cooking skills on the very long list of things that attracts Jay to her. "It isn't hard Jay" Hailey replies, focused on what she is doing so she doesn't hurt herself. "It is" Jay disagrees, shaking his head and scrunching his face up. "Okay, whatever" Hailey backs down, aware that if the argument goes further it could end badly. "Hey, so, you know the reason you first moved in with me?" Hailey changes the topic, taking the chance to bring the converstation she has wanted to have for a few days up. "Yes" Jay says, unsure what Hailey is about to say and wether it is going to be bad. "Well, I didn't trust myself not to do anything. I've thought about it a few times, I stopped myself when I realised you are here and I'm safe. I'm not worthless. Basically I'm taking the cenic rout of saying thankyou" Hailey blushes, keeping all eye contact off Jay. Jay stays silent, collecting words together that he can un-partonasingly respond to Haily with. "Ayeh, you don't have to thank me. I...if you, ugh, ever feel like down again, just come talk to me. Absolutely no judgement on my part, I promise" Jay responds, kicking himself for being so uncool about what Hailey has just braverly said. "That goes for you too, you know. You might wanna be all macho man, and you cover well, but I got eyes Jay" Hailey adds, not wanting Jay to have to feel like he has to keep all his emotions bottled up. "My dad, he's always gotten to me. He just crossed the line so far today he might as well be in Australia, that is how far he crossed it. Being an ass is his mission in life I'm pretty sure. Look, the point is, I can not belive he would do all this. And for what? A couple thousand bucks?" Hailey carefully listens to Jay opening up, taking in every single word he has just said. "I...I just don't understand, and I can't stop thinking that Will is involved" Jay starts cutting tomatoes, his frustration coming out in the hard way he is slamming the knife against the chopping board, once it's gone through the tomato. "Hey, Jay. Will doesn't have a bad bone in his body- deep down you know that" Hailey replies, carefully taking the knife out of Jays hand. "Yeh, yeh, you're right" Jay sighs, rubbing his fourhead all stressed. "Lets eat, tell each other out most embarrassing stories and go to bed" Hailey suggests, contemplating wether to add the next part onto the end of the sentence or not. "I'd say shower/bath too, but the water is down pretty bad. Only one of us can" Hailey raises her brow teasingly, lighting the cooker to fry all the veg up. "So, like a two-in-one deal?" Smiles Jay flirtatiously, sliding the corgette laces and tomatoes into a pan. "You could say that" Shurggs Hailey, pouring the remaining veggies into the pan and continuing to stir them. "How long do they take to fry?" Jay asks, collecting plates out a cupboard quickly. "About five mintues, give or take" Hailey giggles, enjoying winding Jay up and happy she's got him smiling again. "Turn the heat to full blast, cook quicker" Jay bosses, so impatient actually doing it himself, much to Haileys amusement. "I love you Jay Halstead" Hailey chuckles.