Part 11

Haileys POV

The next morning I wake feeling embarrassed and ashamed of what happened last night, not much of it I remeber- just the part up until I told Jay what Nick said to me about not losing me. I can feel something sticking into my neck, alsmot like a hard bone, along with something radiating heat onto my back. I gently turn around, wincing in pain a few times, to see Jay lying here sound asleep....topless. thoughts run through my mind of how we ended up here, is my brain blanking out something I should really remember or did Jay sleep walk. I stay lying, staring at the off white ceiling debating wether to get out of bed or carry on lying. "I can't just lie here" I mutter disapprovingly to myself, shuffling out of bed careful not wake Jay and enter the adjoining bathroom.

My first reaction is to check my face for new bruises, ofcourse being at Jays I dont have any. This doesn't settle the panic though, every single bruise on my face is showing sice the makeup has washed away. Jays totally going to freak out when he sees them all, the head gash was enough to make him drag me here, the bruises are going to end with Jay in jail for murder and Nate six feet under.

General POV

The light from the bathroom, shines into the bedroom waking Jay. The light hurts his eyes like lasers going through them, so he slips the pillow out from underneath him and grumply covers his face with it. Seeing Jay in a rather humorous position as she comes out the bathroom, Hailey jumps backwards at shuts the door again wanting to give him a warning first. "Jay, you awake?" She asks, speaking low enough to not wake him if he isn't actually awake. "Yeh, why?" He unimpressedly asks, hating being woken in the morning on a weekend. "Don't freak out please" Hailey timidly warns, trying to avoid freeking Jay about by just saying the sentence. "Okay" Jay agrees, slowly opening his eyes slowly to prepare himself to what's about to be revealed. Jays expressions turn to shock horror in a second flat seeing the state of Haileys face. Black and blue everywhere, her left eye slightly swollen that's been covered by makeup too. His eyes travel down to Haileys bare chickeny legs, his eyes stopping at the unappealing patters decorating them. "Jay" Hailey says, pulling Jay out if his mortified glare. "Ugh, sorry. You want some breakfast?" Jay randomly blurts out, both of them totally uncomfortable with the current situation. "Yeh, sure" Hailey nodds, both of them silently walk into Jays one-room living area, for the first time ever not knowing how to start a conversation.