Part 19

General POV

The team formally line up outside of Nates apartment, raring to go in a get his rear-end locked up for good. Hank counts down from three to zero and Kevin barges the door in. "CHICAGO PD" They all shout, scanning Nates apartment to find him. Antonio finds Nate passed out on his large double bed, exaclty how Jay found him when he rescued Hailey the other morning. "NATE CANNING, GET UP!" Antonio orders, wacking Nate on the nogging with his powerful wrist. "AH!" Nate shouts awakening rather spaced out. Its very clear that Nates been drowning his sorrows in alcohol and substances; the smell spurts out of Nates mouth when he shouted in pain and the aroma fills the apartment. "Get up, your under arrest" Voight orders butting in, the plan of the interesting starter punishment hes going to give Nate planned clearly in his mind. "I done nothing wrong" Nate slurs, stumbling around once hes stood up off the bed. "Nothing wrong my ass" Jay mutters under his breath, receiving a death stare from Al and Voight. "Come on" Voight pushes a cuffed Nate really hard, so hard that if Voight wasn't holding onto him he'dve gone A-over-T. The team stand frozen in there places, death staring Nate as he stumbles past them all.

Back at the district, Voight chucks Nate right into the cage, not even giving Nate a minuscule chance. He orders the rest of them to go carry on up the stairs, and leave him to do what he feels duty to do. "Sarge, let me stay" Jay says, pausing at the door. "Jay no, last time you got to him he ended up in hospital" Voight caringly refuses, unwilling to makeup an exuse to why Nates in hospital again from the same guy. "Please" Jay tries again, quickly making his way upstairs when Voight gives him the look.

Voight makes sure Jays out of sight and earshot, before opening the gage door to confront Nate. "Your going to admit to abusing Hailey for years alst ill paint your face red" Voight threatens, holding his fist up ready to show he's not just bluffing. "You wish you would" Nate sniggers, looking Voights small frame (compare to his) up and down. That was it, Voights wrist meets Nates cheek and his head bangs real hard against the back of the cage, causing the noise to echo the pull in area. "I done nothing wrong" Nate says, not letting the truth out for anything. Voight changes tactics and pulls a small pocket knife out of his pocket. He holds it up very close to Nates ear, daring Nate to keep his pie hole closed if he thinks hes so smart. "Tell me" Voight demands, his deep grough voice clearly starting to intimidate Nate. "Okay, okay, just pull the knife from my ear" Nate says, guilt darkening his eyes. Voight takes a step back, leaning expectantly against the cage door. "I did, I'm guilty. Hailey deserved it though. She done nothing around the house, tea and breakfast is never even cooked for me" Nate attempts to justify his behavior but fails miserbaly. "Its not the eighteen hundereds in Victorian England, you can cook your own damn food!" Voight barks, slamming his fist back onto the cage. "Look, I admitted to it. What more do you want?" Nate asks nonchalantly like its no big deal. "Your lucky we need you alive" Voight snarls, exiting the cage and leaving Nate alone.

When Voight walks into the bullpen, all bodies stop what they are doing immediately and look at Voight for a verdict. Holding there breaths tightly. "He admitted" Voight says. Tears of joy and relived smiles unravel themselves from every single person. Finally, hopefully, justice will be served for there friend.