Part 16

General POV

Once the Two brothers get to the ICU cubical Hailey is staying in, Will leaves a glassy eyed Jay to have some room alone. Jay stands at the end of Haileys bed, taking in the awufl sight thats infront of his eyes. The small dusty blond haird woman, is lying lifeless, hooked to dozens of monitors and has a long tube coming out of her mouth. The thought of a machine being the only thing that is keeping his partner and best friend alive terrifies him. "Hey Hails, its Jay. Everyones downstairs in the ER waiting room scared and waiting for you" Jay starts, feeling slightly awkward talking to himself. "If you wake up ill learn to cook" Jay chuckles, the dispare Hailey has for Jays lack of cooking skills filling his mind of happiness and joy. He sits on a chair, moving it as close to Hailey as possible and takes her small, fragile hand into his large masculine one. "I cant lose you Hailey, your my best friend and I dont think I've cried over anyone before" Jay says, wiping his tears away from his face and eyes. "Hailey, I...I..lo" Jay starts another sentece, but frustratingly gets interupted by Connor coming in to check on Hailey again. "Sorry, I need to check her over" Connor apologies, hinting for Jay to give them some privacy for a minute or two. "Yeh ofcourse, I should go anyway" Jay smiles, standing up and leaving Connor to get on with it.

Hey ya'll, sorry it's a small chapter I just didn't want to ruin the Upstead moment. Also, thankyou all so much for reading this and I hope your enjoying it and will continue too. Any comment/feedback is most welcome
.....so are votes aswell 😉
Amy x