Part 33

General POV

That evening, Jay and Hailey sit around Hailey's dining table in silence, eating spaghetti bolognese. The resentment Hailey is feeling towards Jay for staying with her, is creating a tick feeling in her apartment, one that isn't pleasant to be stuck in. "Hailey, it's only because Voight and I care about you" Jay perks up. The clashing of Jay's metal folk against the bowl makes Hailey jump, standing up emmidiatly out of reflexes into fighting mode. "Sorry, that didn't mean to clash" Jay apologises, shocked my how much of a small thing can freak Hailey out. "It's fine. I'm sorry Jay, I've been an ass towards you" Hailey sighs, the overwhelming amount of emotions partying inside her becoming drunk and wild. "Come here, don't worry about it" Jay says, cautiously standing up slowly and dragging Hailey into a safety net of a hug. "Thankyou" Hailey gulps in attempt to keep her tears in. "Shhh, that's what I'm here for. Hails, I love you and will do anything for you. You're my forever" Jay whispers caringly into Hailey's ear; the hight difference between them, makes whispering into Hailey's ear perfect for Jay. "Let's finish eating, get into our pj's then watch a film" Jay suggests, really hungary and putting the fact he wants to eat diplomatically. "Yeh" Hailey agrees, separating from Jay to sit down.

**********

During the film, Jay and Hailey have managed to fall sideways and lye one behind the other; fitting together perfectly like two pieces of a complicated jigsaw. The soft bed throw cocoons the two pieces snuggly around the brace of each other. Love and security suffocates the room, not one ounce of tension, fear, or worry can be felt from either of them. "You don't have to stay in the spare room" Hailey mumbles out the blue. Jay sits up with suprise, unintentionally almost pushing Hailey off the side of the sofa, and bends over to look at Hailey. Not to long ago, she was fuming that Hank and Jay didn't trust her and didn't even want to see Jay and now she's happy for them to share a room. "What?" Jay exhales, happy about it, yet can't help wonder were the sudden change of heart has came from. "You heard what I said. I don't trust myself either to be honest, I got so mad with yourself and Hank because it ment I had to face it" Hailey admits, pulling herself up from dangling off the side of the sofa. Jay exhales a sigh of relife but also a stab to the heart; Hailey admitting she would probaly hurt herself breaks his whole heart and body. "I love you" Is all Jay replies with, there isn't more he can say without sounding patronising. Just saying the eight letters, is enough for Hailey to know she isn't alone and Jay won't freak. The two lay back down on the sofa and re-piece there minni jigsaw part. The jigaw part that's only just starting to be put together, more being made as their relationship unfolds.