Part 26

General POV

Three days later, Jay and Hailey sit contentally together on the sofa; complaining to each other about how diabolical the antique workshop show that is currently playing on the TV. Both of them laugh at how silly they are to have watched a TV show that Al- the fifty-four year old and boring old fart- suggested. "Shall we put something else on? Maby a film?" Hailey suggests, not sure if she can take any more of the monotonus voice describing old clocks anymore on the TV. "Definitely, you choose" Jay more than happily agrees, letting Hailey choose as she usually has great taste in films. "Um, Proposal?" Hailey throws out, really in the mood for a light-hearted and funny film. "Proposal it is" Jay nodds, getting up off the sofa and collecting the DVD out of his box to put into the player.

Hailey rises from the sofa and wanders over to the rubbish cupboard in the kitchen, collecting two small packets of popcorn for both her and Jay. Over the two days, the rubbish cupboard has very fastly decreased in compastity. The cupboard, once filled with multiple packets of various crisps and other snacks, has reduced to only three bags of popcorn and a small packet of chocolate digestives. "I think we need to hit the gym after all this" Hailey giggles, passing Jay his small popcorn packet. "How empty?" Jay asks dreadingly, completely loosing count over the last couple of days to how much Hailey and himself have eaten. "One packet of popcorn and a small packet of choc digestives" Hailey scrunches her face up in shame, admitting to Jay how bad they've been. "Holy smokes" Jay ghasps, expecting a reduction but not one of that size. "Put the film on before we start arguing over who ate the most" Hailey points to the remote next to Jay, bobbing her finger up and down for him to put the film on. "Yeh, smart" Jay raises his brows funnily and pressed play on the remote.

Somewhere between Margret bailing on the wedding to Andrew arriving back at the office, Haileys feet have subliminally made there way over onto Jays lap. The blue light from the TV floods the room, thats dark from Jay closing the curtains, and frames the two silhouettes perfectly. Jay's arm rests softly on Hailey's skinny calf, sending a rush of safeness and warmth throug Haileys body. Hailey knows she should pull away, however the feeling of this much safness, warmth and caringness is completely foreign to her and she doesn't want it to ever end. Andrews speech about wishing Margret would get ran over by a bus until three days ago, is quickly drained out by loud chuckles from Jay and Hailey. Straight after Margret accepts Andrews proposal, the romantic moment flips to Jay and Hailey. There eyes lock tightly, both of them gaze mezmorisingly into each others eyes. Both of them wanting to make an insane move considering the reason Hailey is staying with Jay, but neither of them do. "We...we should probably get going, Antonio and Kim are expecting us at Altonios for lunch" Hailey stutters, painfully removing her legs from Jays lap and heads into her room to make herself look publicly presentable. "Yeh, they are" Jay sighs, wanting nothing more than to spend the rest of the day watching corny movies with Hailey.