Part 17

General POV

When Jay gets back to the team, they all jump up wanting to know how Hailey is doing. "Shes rough, real rough. I think Casper the ghost has more colour than Hailey does" Jay shruggs, not sure what else he can say that they don't know. "Can another one of us go see her?" Kim asks, itching to see her bestfriend again. "Connors checking her over, we should probably come back another day" Jay says, really not wanting to leave but everyone here will be causing havock. "Yeh, your right, go home and get some rest everyone. Jay I need a word" Hank orders and pulls Jay to the side.

Chills ripple throughout Jays body, bracing himself for the third degree Hanks about to give him. "Who do you think you are not telling anyone about Hailey?" Hank snaps, really cheesed off with the sneaky stunt Jays been pulling. "Her friend and parenter. She wouldn't accept help unless I kept it on the DL and you know how stuborn Hailey is. Isnt it better that she's safe and not still in the horrible apartment?" Jay replies, not letting Hank win this argument so easily. Hank stares Jay in the eyes challengingly, wanting Jay to stand up for himself and not back down out of fear. "You think you have the right becuase your her partner?" Hank barks, squaring up to Jay to push his buttons. "Yeh, Yeh I do and you would have done exactly the same thing" Jay shouts, falling right into Hanks contradicting trap. "Im the boss, im ment to look out for you all- thats my job" Hank shoots back, pointing his fingers right into Jays face. "But I'm her partner and friend, its my job to help her and do anything to keep her safe and if that means keeping her horror of a life secret then thats what I'll do" Jay argues, showing Hank and accedentally himself how much Jay deeply cares for Hailey. "Why you smiling?, this isnt funny Voight" Jay lowers his voice puzzled to whats amusing about any of this. "I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. You just stood up for yourself and didn't back down, something you've been stuggling with for a while. You also just showed me and yourself that your an amazing cop and partner, something you've also second guessed many times" Voight explains, proud of Jay of what hes done for Hailey in the past few days. "That wasn't cool Voight, especially not right now" Jay frowns, unimpressed with Voights way of doing things again. "Yeh but now you've seen your true potential and how not much of an awful person and detective you are. I've been trying to tell you this since day one" Voight replies, patting Jay on the back before wandering off. "Also, you might want to tell Hailey how you feel" Voight briefly turns back around to face Jay and gives a small wink, before continuing out the door. "I almsot did" Jay mumbles to himself, slowly making his way towards the door aswell.

A Terrible Dance On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara