Part 44

General POV

The three of them sit around the kitchen island, getting to know each other alot better. The odd pinch of laughter here and there. Hailey and Jana howl with laughter at Jays story, about getting caught on a fence when chasing after a perp and having to get lifted down by Antonio. "How come you nor Antonio have mentioned this before. Or anyone else actually?" Hailey laughs, dischuffed to why she is only hearing the story now, after three years of spending every day with Jay. "Antonio and I swore never to speak of it again. Don't say a word" Jay forwarns Jana and Hailey, not wanting them to find out the rest of the story to what happened. "Depends" Hailey smirks, trying to gather herself together again. "Child around" Jay says through his teeth, reminding Hailey that they can't tease each other infront of Jana. "Your turn" Hailey announces to Jana, wanting to ease the kid and make her feel more relaxed. "Do you know how the VAT machines work in Mexico?" Jana asks ahead, before starting the story and creating confusion. "Yes" Jay and Hailey both reply in unison, wonder in their voices to where Jana is heading. "Okay" Jana coughs and clears her throat before beginning, making it clear to her brother and his girlfriend that they are in for a long ride. "Last year, my mum, dad and I were in Mexico. My dad asked me to go get money out the machine with his card, so I did. I have no idea they work at this point, my parents did and missed out the crucial piece of information about how they ask if you are human and your response has to be verbal" Jana begins and pauses to catch her breath. "When it asked if I'm a human, I thought it was totally daft and told it I was an orangutan sarcastically" Jana giggles, falling apart thinking about the moment and how it all played out. Already seeing where it's leading, Jay and Hailey burst out laughing aswell. "It swallowed my dads card and told me it was being conferscated since I'm not human" Jana gasps for air, finding it challenging to talk. Laughter from three amused people, ruffles through the room and adds a new aura of homelieness to the apartment. "How long did it take to get the card back?" Jay chuckles, taking a fruit bowl that is shared between them all. "Two days, my dad was P.I.S.S.E.D" Jana replies, spelling out the last word to avoid getting into bother. "I bet" Hailey says, wiping the laughter tears away with her top sleeve. "So, what do you like to eat? Just so we know what food to buy and what to make for tea tonight" Hailey questions, taking a chunk of kewii from the fruit bowl. "All veg and fruit pretty much, chicken, beef, stake, mince, turkey and ham" Jana lists, not listing the expectant chips and pasta etc a typical child does. "No chips, pasta, crisps or sweets?" Jay double checks, questioning himself to wether they are actually siblings or not. "Kind of, not that much" Jana replies. "You weird child" Hailey says in a weird voice, earning a smile off Jana- who is used to these types of comments. "Is, fathead pizza okay then? It's pizza, just with almond flour instead of normal" Jay asks, raiding the cupboards for ingredients they have. "Ooooh yess! It is the only pizza I like, mother made it every Friday for pizza night" Jana exitedly grins, jumping up and down on her chair. "What toppings?" Hailey asks, opening up the fridge for Jana to search. "Spinach, chicken and pepper please" Jana politely replies, amazed by how much food the fridge contains. "Nice choice kidda" Hailey approves, liking the kid more and more as the day goes by. "Watch a little TV then make tea? It's still a little early" Jay suggests. "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! DO YOU KNOW WHAT ONE TREE HILL IS?!" Jana squeals, hurting all dogs ears who live in a three mile radius. "You and I are going to get on real good" Hailey grins, loving how much fun the two are going to have winding Jay up with the show. "Good lord" Jay throws his head back in true dispare, regretting all this already. "Ignore your brother, lets go watch it" Hailey cheekily sticks her tongue out at Jay, strutting off to the sofa with Jana. "Season?" Hailey queeries, fiddling around with the DVD player. "Five or eight. The first four are okay, but" Jana responds, tilting her head side to side in a meh kinda way. "Eight got to me, Dans death, Brooke drowning...the lot" Hailey pretends to be sad, shoving the disk to Season eight into the player and slumping down on the sofa next to Jana.

Jays POV

I look on from the kitchen, admiring the way Hailey can turn any not so nice experience into a happy one and create laughter and smiles. The talking endless talking between them, stop instantly as soon as the adverts finish and the theme tune starts. If there is anyway possible I can fall in love with Hailey even more, this is definitely it. Weird to think it is only the tip of the iceburg and the start of a puzzle, which means there are many chances to fall even more in love with her. "Jay, I know you hate this, but come join us" Hailey looks over to me with puppy dog eyes, the ones she knows that she can get her way with most of the time. "I'm coming" I reply, giving Hailey a small smile as I do. "Sorry Jay" Jana apologieses brusque, and her arms form a very tight grip around my neck. "It's okay" I say, not quite sure what else to do and return her hug. "But.." Jana begins to start an unnecessary protest, so I end it before it starts. "Jana, it is okay. Watch One Tree Hill and it can end quicker" I point towards the screen, messing up the sleek pony tail she is wearing. Hailey presses play on the remote again, and snakes her hand around the back of the sofa frame and Jana, taking my hand into hers.

A/N: Sorry for all you super young people who don't remember DVD players when growing up. I know there will be quite a few of you, so basically what they are, is a box version of the slit in the side of the TV you insert disks into.