Part 48

General POV

Jana and Hailey, help a slightly tipsy Jay into their apartment. Jay has definitely made up for Haileys incapability to drink with her being pregant. The two girls, flop Jay down onto his shared bed and leave him to sleep off the several bottles of beer he has downed. "He definitely made up for you" Jana smirks, closing the bedroom door once Hailey is out. "Yep" Hailey agrees, going over to the fridge and getting a box of chocolate for them to indulge in. "One Tree Hill and a box of chocolate, what you think?" Hailey sees the massive grin on Janas face and her eyes lighting up, taking that as her answer. "Yesss, but, can I ask you a question please?" Jana shly asks, worrying Hailey to what Jana is wanting to ask. "Ofcourse, you can ask me anything" Hailey replies, carrying on fiddling with the DVD player and not making a huge deal out of it. "Ever since I heard about you being in an abusive relationship, before getting with my brother, I haven't been able to get it off my mind" Jana pauses and Hailey freezes, Jana has just started the one conversation Hailey really tries to avoid. "How did you get out? I know you were in a coma, but afterwards and how did you end up in the coma? What has it got to do with Jay?" Jana throws all these deep questions out for Hailey to answer. Hailey carefully chooses her words she will use to answer the young girls question. "Sit here" Hailey climbs onto the sofa and pats the sofa, telling Jana to get closer. "I hid my relationship with my ex for around four years. A few months ago, your brother found me face down on my bedroom floor with a nasty gash on the back of my head" Hailey begins to answer, and stops when she sees Jana going a little teary. "What happened to your head?" Jana asks, once she has processed the first bit. "He wacked me over the head with a pole and knocked me out. Your brother was on his way to pick me up for work anyway, so he found me. Knocked in the door like a superhero" Hailey replies, trying to add a little light by calling Jay a superhero- which really he is in all fairness. "That's when you ended up in the coma, right?" Jana checks, sadness on Haileys behalf tiding through her body. "No. A few days later, Jay and I went to the zoo. Nate had been following us and took the leap when I went to the bathroom. Apparently Jay barged down the door with a fire extinguisher and gave Nate a round or two. I woke up nine days later" Hailey finishes, skipping the gorey parts that Jana really doesn't need to know. "I'm so sorry Hailey" Jana dives forward and hugs Hailey tightly, both of them in tears. Jana able to slightly sympathise with Hailey. "Thankyou sweetie, I love you you know" Hailey weeps into Janas ear, struggling real hard to get words out. "I love you too" Jana returns the mutual feeling, and feeling like she has a family for the first time ever.

Jays POV

I slump against the hallway wall of the bedroom, and listen to every word and cry coming from Hailey and Jana. Everything is a little hazy, mostly due to the obseen amount of alcohol I have consumed, but I can hear the gist. The way Hailey calmly explains her old situation to Jana is amazing, but that isn't a suprise considering we are talking about Hailey Upton. "I love you, you know that" I hear Haileys muffle voice say to Jana. Now I know I have definitely picked the right woman. I always did, this has just sealed it. "I love you too" Janas emotional voice returns Haileys feelings, and that is enough to set me off. Tears weave down my face, the beautiful moment between the two most important people to me, pull on my heart strings real bad.

General POV

Jay hears the theme tune for One Tree Hill begin and let off a small laugh, classic Jana and Hailey. He stands up and opens the bedroom door, turning Jana and Hailey attention over himself accedentally. "Hey, I thought you were sleeping" Hailey looks up to Jay, shuffling her and Jana- who is cuddled into her side- over to make room for Jay. "I was. I heard the theme tune and couldn't resist" Jay lies, not wanting Jana and Hailey to know he heard the majority of the deep conversation. "Jay, you hate the thing" Jana rolls her eyes at her older brother. "Yeh well, I want to see if Dan makes it or not" Jay sits himself down next to Hailey and continues to watch the TV, blanking the smirk and quiet comments Hailey is throwing his way. "Even when Brooke is tazering a psycho, she is so hot" Jay comments, completely forgetting where he is and who is sitting next to him. "Not as hot as you" Jay gulps, trying his best to redeem himself. "Shut it, it doesn't bother me. I mean, I think Shamar Moore in S.W.A.T is hotter than you so" Hailey shruggs, sticking her tongue out playfully. "You two are weird and I'm trying to watch this" Jana tries her best to ignore the cringy exchanges between her brother and his girlfriend and focus on the TV, but is finding it tricky. "Sorry" Jay smirks and him and Hailey turn and focus back onto Dans final moments.