Part 39

General POV

The team rangle around the case board, a man in his sixties has been seen selling drugs to underage girls. The missing link to an old, big, case has finally been found. Three years in the running and finally something has been found. When Al pins another picture of a guy up, also in his sixties, Jay freezes and tenses up. Voight notices Jay sudden posture change and calls him out on it. "Jay, you know this guy?" Voight's grough tone breaks Jay out his stance, his eyes on stalks and mouth gauping in attempt to talk. "He...he is  my father" Jay gulps, replaying every encounter he's had with his father for any red flags he missed out on. "He is working this and is the partner to our last link" Jay says in disbelief. He has always known his father is a nasty piece of work, but never ever to this level. "All this is linked to New York" Adam hints at Jays brother, Will, might be involved too with living there for a while. "Damnit" Jay hisses, grabbing his coat and hurtling off down the stairs. "He's about to kill his brother I think" Kevin says, all of them in limbo to what to do. Do they go after Jay, or go and get his father and his boss? "Kevin and Adam, go after Jay. Kim, Al and Antonio, come with me and pick Jay's dad up" Voight orders, organising the chaotic case beginning. Getting Jays father is the easiest thing to do Voight thinks, with Jay being in the unit he is more likely to co-operate with everyone. "Sarg, what about me?" Hailey asks, not wanting to be left behind on this on. "Catch up with Kevin and Adam, you have the best chance of calming him" Hank gives in, letting Hailey come for the one and only reason that she can calm Jay down easily.

***

Adam, Kevin and Hailey race into the ER after Jay, who is no where to be seen. The trio scan the waiting room and the ER itself thoroughly to make sure they don't miss him amongst the crowd. "Hey Maggie, you seen Jay?" Kevin asks impatiently, not wanting to have to peel Jay off his brother. "Um, ye, he went after Will" Maggie replies, completely oblivious to what she just done by letting Jay know where Will is. "Where is Will?" Hailey asks, pulling Adam and Kevin apart so she can be seen. "Up on Peeds with Nat" Maggie says, starting to click on that something isn't right. Before Maggie can say anything, the three of them dash off immediately at the speed of lightning to reach peeds before Will ends up in one of the beds.

Kevin clashes the door the the ward open, sending an echoey sound waving across the ward and making several people jump. Jay and Will can he heard having it off with one an other, Jays voice dominating Wills significantly. Ignoring all the beady eyes from staff, Hailey, Kevin and Adam head straight into where the brothers are to break up the fight. "JAY!" Hailey yells, standing in the middle of Kevin and Adam, all three of them deeply unimpressed. "Hailey, you shouldn't be here" Jay snarls, keeping his eyes on Will. "Neither should you, come on!" Adam steps in, spontaneously guarding Hailey from any possible threat. "Not until Will admits, or atleast says something that can help" Jay snaps angrily, pushing his brother on the arm. "JAY, I DON'T KNOW!" Will argues, insiting he hasn't any idea to why Jay thinks he knows anything. "Bro, listen to the guy" Kevin calmly commands, grabbing Jay by the arm and pulling him backwards. "You're so lucky we are on a kids ward" Jay hisses, looking his brother down in pure hatred and discust.

In a quieter area, the three confront Jay about flying off the handle. Making it clear they understand were he is coming from, but just as clear that it's not acceptable. "Sorry, he...." Hailey cuts Jay off in mid flow, telling him that he needs to take a deep breath and pull himself together sharply. "Come on bro, the others have gone to get your father. Voight might let you have it off with him" Adam chuckles, earning an amused smirk from Jay. "See, that's better" Hailey says, wrapping her left arm around Jays side and encouraging him to start walking. "Bro, they are great together aren't they" Adam says, in admiration of the perfect couple infront of him. "Yeh, they really are. It's about time" Kevin chuckles, aspiring to be in a relationship like is collegues one day. Even though it hasn't been out in the open long, it is crystal clear that they are deeply in love and it's more than special their connection. As it has been since day one, the spark was clear to everyone.

*****

In the breakroom, Kim goes to town with Jays father, her aggressive side beaming off her. Al, Antonio and Voight look on from the view room in actual fear of the dark haired woman on the other side of the wall. "COME ON! YOU CAN EITHER TELL ME OR YOUR SON. I KNOW WHICH CHOICE I'D CHOOSE, ESPECIALLY KNOWING THE MOOD JAY'S CURRENTLY IN" Kim yells to the high heavens, slamming her hands down on the table and almsot leaping over it. "Jay won't stand up to me, he knows the repercussions" Jay's father snikers smugly, not in the slightest intimidated by Kim and her furiosity. The door slams open to the room, catching Kim and Jays father by suprise and flicking their heads to meet a very pissed off Jay. "Jay, no" Kim warms, sticking her arm out to back him off. "Kim, go" Jay orders, not messing around and falling for anything that gets him to back off. Unsurely, Kim obides Jays orders and leaves him to it, closing the door gently behind her.

Jay chuckes all the chairs out the way that are on his side of the table, leaning downwards intimidatingly and informing his father that he's not messing. "What the hell, Matt?!!" Jay yells, coming very close to giving his father a black eye. "First of all, it is dad. Second of all, I'm not saying anything to you" Matt smirks arrogantly, having zero respect for his son. Jay shoves the table from between them and it pounds against the wall, giving Jay full access to his father.

From the view room, everyone looks onto the situation infront of them, neither of them sure what to do and when to step in. Hailey, having enough of Jay's behaviour, starts the leave the view room, but gets stopped my Kevin. "What you doing Kev?" Hailey asks, stepping back and looking at Kevin thinking he has no right blocking her way. "You aren't going in" Kevin states, flicking his eyes down to Haileys stomach to remind her she is growing a sprog. "Ugh, stupid thing" Hailey sighs in frustration, wanting to pull Jay from his dad ASAP. "I'll go get him" Kevin assures Hailey, patting her on the shoulder.

Kevin opens the door and waves for Jay to come out, hoping for it to stay civil and not end in fisty cuffs between the two of them. "I'm fine" Jay insists, taking a step back from his father when he sees Kevin at the doorway. "Come on Jay, let Voight take over. Hailey is out there worried to death, she was about to come in here and rip you two apart" Kevin replies, using Hailey as an exuse for Jay to calm down. "Who's Hailey?" Matt asks, switching back into a father mode if you say. "No one, my partner" Jay sneers, looking his father up and down, before pushing past Kevin to the hallway where Hailey is standing. "Hey, Voight said you need to go home. You are too wowned up Jay" Hailey says, placing her right heart onto Jays chest area where the heart sits. "Hails, I'm okay" Jay says, covering her hand with his. "Come on then, lets go do the paper work and let them all deal with your father" Hailey smiles, leading Jay down the hallyway.

A Terrible Dance जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें