Part 23

General POV

Just one hour after the team found out about the news, they all swarm into Haileys room and surround her and Ava. Each of the team members take it in turns to hug Hailey, bombarding her with how are you? And your looking great. Comments. "Thanks guys, you didn't need to come see me" Hailey smiles, secretly only wanting Jay around currently and everyone else to leave. "Nah, we couldn't miss the chance to see how you are doing and see your smiling face again" Antonio grins, playfully rubbing Haileys foot at the bottom of the bed. "I'm good, just a little tired" Hailey replies, grateful for all the people she has who care for her. "Hey guys" Jay nodds walking back into the room, earining a wave of head turns of them all. "Hey, where you been?" Hailey asks, happy now Jay's back in the room. "Ava made me go get food, she gave me no choice, then I bumped into Natalie" Jay explians apologetically, feeling guilty for leaving Hailey even more now her face has clearly brightened with his reappearance. The room becomes an awkward silence, the tension between Hailey and Jay swarm the room. "Ugh, we should go" Kevin speaks up awkwardly. "Yeh, cya Hailey" Kim smiles. After all of them have said there goodbyes, its just Jay and Hailey left to there own devices. "It was nice for them to pop in and see you" Jay breaks the silence with the first thing that comes to his mind. "Yeh, Yeh it was" Hailey agrees. "Do you know when I can go home?, I want to get back to my own apartment" Hailey adds, clueless to whats been going on between Nate and the team. "Ha, I like your enthusiasm Miss Upton. You're not going anywhere anytime soon" Connor chuckles, walking in to do his hourly checks on Hailey. "Come on" Hailey groans, her lack of being able to do nothing getting to her already. "Hailey, you dodged a celestial discharge by the skin of your teeth and you still in limbo to wether you need a transplant on an organ or two" Connor justifies his desicions, checking Haileys injures and operation scares over. Hailey flinches when Connor gently presses against the stomach scar where they operated most. "That hurt?" Connnor asks, pulling back for the pain to settle. "No, just flinched for the sake of it" Hailey sarcastically snaps back to Connor, earining a He was only asking look from Jay. "Sorry" Hailey sheepishly apologieses. "Dont worry about it" Connor shakes the comment off being used to all sorts. "If, and its a big if, your scans in a week and a bit time come back with encouraging results, you can go home. However you won't be able to look after yourself" Connor explains, giving Hailey a little light of hope. Hailey looks down to fiddle with her fingers, who was she going to go home with when she does get out? Who would want to slave around on her for how many odd weeks. "I think we can handle a few weeks together" Jay smirks. Haileys eyes flick up to Jay in suprise, not in a million years did she think Jay would offer to look after her. "Yeh?" Hailey questions. "Yeh" Jay nodds, a loving smile creeping onto his face. "Well you've just taken one job away from me to sort out, thanks Jay. Hailey, your doing good aswell but its only the first day you've been awake so not out the woods" Connor says before leaving the two alone again.