Part 5

General POV

Hailey awkwardly hovers, whislt Jay fills the coffee mixer up. She fiddles with a splinter of wood coming loose on the window frame, waiting for Jay to say something. "I know whats going on, kind of, but I want to know all. I want to help Hailey, I promise" Jay promises Hailey to help, probaly cheese Hailey off on the way with good intentions going wrong. "Jay, you dont know anything" Hailey replies, insisting on herself that she keeps her hell homelife between her and Nate. "But I do" Jay states, looking at Hailey like shes silly. There eyes have a silent protest with each other; Jays eyes demanding she spills and Haileys eyes telling him he's wasting his time bothering. "We've got nothing better to do, theres no case" Jay shruggs, slowly turning around to stur the last of all coffees. "Why are you so insistent. I dont push you to talk about stuff, so why are you insisting on me talking?" Hailey frustratedly asks, grabbing hold of a chair to keep her dizzy self upright. "Because I don't have some random guy making my life hell and hurting me. If the Booth case is sending you down a spiral I wanna help" Jay deliberatly chips away at Haileys short fuses one word at a time, knowing when she blows she'll spill it all in anger. "What?! You really think im going down the route of drugs, alcohol and partying? Sleeping around with random guys?!" Hailey snaps in a raised voice, not quite shouting, but definitely raised. "What is it then? The Booth case has been under your skin since he killed Garret, a year before you started here. That's long enough for the symptoms to get really obvious and your crap at hiding stuff" Jay yells back, making sure to make it a whispering shout. Hailey stands there with her arms crossed and her face reading your seriously delusional Jay to even consider that. "You really think im that unstable, that I can't handle myself and emotions?" Hailey yells, not caring who in the world hears any more. "Well what else am I supposed to think? You ask me to pick you up at some dingy apartment to find you almsot dead on the floor" Jay yells, catching the attention of everyone outisde. There words are muffled through the glass but the team can hear the raised voices and see the anger between the two partners. "Hes my boyfriend you idiot, Nate" Hailey says, suprised Jay hasn't figured it out. Jays heart sinks at the word 'boyfriend', its worse than her going down a spiral. She's trapped with an abusive boyfriend and has been suffering with him for ages. Hiding all the bruises, pain, scars etc. "Hails, im sorry" Jay heart-feltly apologieses for both acusing her of something awful and for her situation. They both stand there looking at each other, letting her emotional eyes talk like they always do when they have no words. There eyes in deep conversation, the words that makes sure they can't hurt each other anymore than they just have. They understand each other; Jay wants nothing but to help and Hailey wants Jays help but is to scared to accept it and move away from Nate. "Ugh, guys, Adams getting tetchy without his coffee" Kevin interupts the moment. Both of them jump out there dazes, all three of them grab a few coffee mugs each before heading back off into the bullpen.