Part 22

General POV

The sound of cheers of joy bounce off the four walls in the bullpen, the whole team literally jump up and down in a group hug. "How is she doing?" Voight asks, breaking away from all the exitment and relief. "Tired, not out the woods but her witts still there" Jay answers, keeping the phone at arms length to protect his ears from the deafening noise. "True Hails" Kim yells down the phone from the other end of the room. "We'll let you go and get back to Hailey. Tell her we're thinking of her" Hank smiles down the phone. "Yeh, cya Sarg" Jay says hanging up.

Jay stands outside of Haileys room, watching the delicate woman sleep peacefully. Coming out of the cubical next to Haileys, Ava spots Jay and heads over to him. "How you doing?" Ava asks, grabbing Jay's attention and brining him out of his stance. "Good, promised Hailey I wouldn't go anywhere if she got some sleep" Jay replies keeping his eyes locked on Hailey. "You should head out, she'll be okay for a little while. If it makes you feel better I'll stay with her since I have no other patients" Ava suggests, willing to do anything if it means Jay will go and get some food. "Okay" Jay gives in, not wanting to get on Ava's bad side after some of the stories he's heard. "Whatever you do, please don't get the meatloaf from the canteen...it tastes like rubber" Ava chuckles, earning a chuckle back from Jay and a wink indicating a thankyou for the warning.

Sorry its short and kind of random, I needed something to lead to the next part with.