Part 30

General POV

Two weeks later, Jay and Hailey drive to the district together after him spending the night at hers. Haileys leg bounces up and down with nervs, distracting Jay a little from the driving. "Hails, please" Jay calmly says, resting his hand on Hailey's leg to ease it. "Sorry, I'm just really nervous" Hailey says, taking a deep breath in and out. "Well chill you beans, if you walk through that door shaking Platt will go to hell with you" Jay points to the district door, reminding Hailey of the brutal witch that mans the desk. "Yeh" She nodds in an effort to contain herself. "Still agree that we keep this to ourselves?" Hailey double checks, molding her hands into Jays. "Yeh, Voight knows by the way though. Don't worry, he's cool with it, he actually wants it" Jay adds the 'hes cool with it' part after seeing Haileys eyes widen greatly. "Come on then" Jay unbuckles himself and so does Hailey, before walking upto the district with a good friendly gap between them.

As soon as they open the second district door, Platt orders her and Jay over emmidiatly. "Chuckles, Goldilocks" Platt calls. The two cops look at each other in dread, bracing themselves for whatever Platt has in stall for them. "Whats up?" Jay asks, instinctively standing infront of Hailey protectively. "Good luck Hails, don't let her leave the bullpen" Platt points her finger sternly at Jay, her eyes darkened with threats if he lets her get hurt again. "Thanks Platt" Hailey smiles, pushing Jay to start walking in the direction of the stairs. "You looked terrified" Hailey laughs to Jay, buzzing them both up to the bullpen. "I did not" Jay argues back, shaking his heads frantically. "Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy" Hailey smirks, side nudging Jay jokingly just as they get to the top of the stairs.

Hailey pauses at the top of the stairs, taking everything thats going on it. Adam, Kim and Kevin are goofing around with a paper aeroplane, Antonio and Al are being very serious at their desks and Voight is looking over Mouse's shoulder to the computer. "You got this" Jay whispers reasuringly down Haileys ear, giving her a reasuring arm on the back. "Hailey!" Kim exitedly chucks the paper aeroplane in any direction and runs over to Hailey, smoldering her into a hug. "Hey, I love you Kim but you're hurting me" Hailey weezes, her whole body squshed like a teddy against Kims. "Sorry" Kim guilty apologises, jumping back instantly. "Don't worry" Hailey shurggs. "Nice to see you back Kiddo" Hank smiles, looking between Jay and Hailey with a smirk only the two can see. "Thanks Hank. Please can I go sit down" Hailey asks for permission, feeling like a child on its first day of school. "Go ahead, it's been weird having that desk empty" Hank says, motioning his hand in the direction of Hailey's to empty desk. "Great to see you" The rest of the say. "Yeh you too, its nice to be back" Hailey nodds, masking her total panic with a plastic smile. "Let's roll, we gotta hit" Voight barks out the blue, and with that everyone ran off and left Hailey alone in the deep end.