Wish To Dream

October 1, 2035
8:35 p.m
Kaizer POV

Right now I was finna head to go play some basketball

Right now I was finna head to go play some basketball. Me and A'dream ain't been over to Kind's yet. They told us she lost King and that hurt my feelings. I was ready to spoil my lil nephew.

"A'dream." I said going in her room and she looked at me.

"I'm finna go play some basketball, you wanna come?" I asked and she nodded getting up. She put on some shoes and we left.

"You ok? You don't talk much anymore." I said and she shrugged.

"You still upset about what Kind said?" I asked and she nodded.

"Mostly because I apologized to her and ain't get one back." She said as tears ran down her face.

"You don't have to cry. Kind is gon be Kind. She'll come around." I said and she shook her head.

"I really don't care anymore." She said lowly and I sighed. About five minutes later we made it to the basketball court.

"Why do you play at night?" She asked and I shrugged.

"At night is when I be thinking deep. Unless you want me to start back cutting I'm going to shoot this damn ball." I said and she nodded.

I started to play just thinking about life, it ain't getting nothing but worse. Not for me only but for my family.

You would think life's suppose to get better. For my family, everywhere you turn it's a fight. An argument, crying, shooting, somebody dead.

It's real rare to see my family happy. I could count with one hand how many times we've had a happy moment in the last year or two.

I looked at A'dream as she just watched me.

"You wanna play?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Ion know how." She said.

"So, just play around." I said throwing the ball at her and she caught it.

"I mean like what do I do?" She asked.

"Whatever you want." I said and she just started playing around. She shot it and it actually went in. She looked at me with a smile and I laughed.

"That was luck." I said going to get it.

"Play me." I said and she smacked her lips.