Challenged

February 10, 2035
10:57 p.m
Kind POV

"Kind quit!" 15 year old Kayden yelled at me

"Why you gotta be so mean all the time?" 10 year old me asked. I sat on his bed but he pushed me off.

"I'm not, you just so annoying. You be doing to much." He said and tears formed in my eyes.

"Look at you, lil crybaby. I ain't even say nun to yo sensitive ass." He said.

"I'm telling daddy you keep calling me names." I said and he laughed.

"Go ahead lil rat." He said and I busted out crying running to my daddy's room.

"Mommy, daddy, Kayden's calling me names." I said and they looked at me.

"What he call you?" My daddy asked.

"He called me a rat, crybaby and he said I was annoying." I said and he laughed.

"Truth hurts huh?" He asked and my mama threw something at him.

"Ok, I'm sorry baby. KAYDEN COME HERE!" He yelled and a few moments later Kayden came in.

"Why you calling her names?" He asked.

"They match her character, fuck you mean?" He asked and my daddy glared at him.

"Apologize to your sister." He said making Kayden groan.

"I'm sorry." He said and my daddy slapped him in the back of the head.

"That half ass apology, apologize the right way." He said and Kay sighed.

"I'm sorry Kind, for calling you names. Even though all those names fit you perfectly. I'm sorry for hurting yo feelings. But you have to leave me alone sometimes. Just gimme space, ok? I know you Luh me and I Luh you to but you always up under me. Just gimme space that's all I ask of you." He said wiping me tears away.

"Ok, I just can't help it. You're the funny brother." I said making him laugh.

"Whatever." He said and gave me a hug. I hugged back and then a flash went off.

"I know you didn't just take a picture." I said pushing Kay away and my daddy laughed.

"Daddy for real don't post that nowhere. I look a mess." I said.

"That's sad, I always look good. Even on my worse days." Kayden said smiling to himself and I rolled my eyes.

I sat on Tae's bed on my phone looking through my camera roll. I was looking at pictures of me and Kayden. Tears rolled down my face as I looked at every single one.

I missed my brother and it was hard to know he was really gone.

"Ok gimme this." Tae said taking my phone away from me. I sighed as he wiped my tears away.

"Stop being so sad, he's in a better place." He said.

"I know, but it hurts to know that." I said and he nodded.

"But I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want you to be sad Kind. He would want you to move forward, keep living life." He said and i nodded.

"And I'm not saying you have to forget about him, but don't keep holding onto this." He said and I nodded.

"Ok." I said and he smiled. His phone started ringing and he looked at it. He declined the call before powering his phone off.

"Who was that?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nobody important." He said.

"Well if they not important tell me they name." I said and he smacked his lips.

"You know Amoura?" He asked and I thought for a second before shaking my head.

"Well we friends you know, I just be helping her out." He said.

"Helping her out?" I asked and he nodded.

"She's a single mama. She needs help sometimes." He said and I scrunched up my face. I promise I've heard that name before. It popped in my head and I gasped.

"You remember my ex Jaiden?" I asked and he nodded.

"That's his baby mama." I said and his eyes widened.

"Damn." He said and i sighed.

"Can you like......not talk to her anymore?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I can't just do that Kind. She needs help. Her parents kicked her out. They don't even wanna see the baby. She was all they had down here. And me being her friend imma help her out." He said.

"But I'm your girlfriend." I said.

"Ok? What that gotta do with me helping her out?" He asked.

"That might not be all she wants you to help with." I mumbled and he laughed.

"You sound so damn jealous." He said.

"I'm not, I'm just saying." I said and he shook his head.

"Well I told her she could come over tomorrow." He said and I slapped him. He laughed and I hit him again.

"Ight Kind, chill out. I was playing she ain't coming over here. She went to Atlanta anyway to visit some other family, witcho jealous ass." He said still laughing.

"I'm not jealous, you just play to much. And you know what you wanted me to think so don't even do that." I said and he laughed.

"Stop being mad, I love you and only you." He said kissing me and I pushed him away.

"Play yo game." I mumbled throwing his controller on the floor.

"Quit! God damnit before you break it!" He yelled.

"I'll break whatever I want." I said and he looked at me.

"So I'm guessing you gon buy it again?" He asked and I shook my head.

"You'll just be outta luck." I said and he mumbled something.

"What?" I asked.

"I said you and this attitude ain't gon work for me." He said and I rolled my eyes. He pulled my hair and I gasped.

"Bae! You almost pulled it off!" I yelled and he laughed.

"Glue it back down. You'll be Ight." He said and I glared at him.

"You get on my nerves!" I yelled going in the bathroom.

"You get on mine to, but it is what it is." He said and I slammed the door.

"Stupid ass bitch." I mumbled before the door opened.

"So like you slammed my door.....for what?" He asked and I pushed him out my way walking out the bathroom.

"Fix your attitude please." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"You fix it."

The lil flashback 🥺💕
What y'all think finna happen next? 👀
Lemme know how y'all felt about this chapter
Hope y'all liked it
Vote and comment
Love you guys
Brace Face Nia 💙💙💙