Take Time

May 20, 2033
9:00 p.m
Kentrell POV

I was standing behind the door of Kind's room

I was standing behind the door of Kind's room. I hadn't been here ever since I brought her. I was nervous just because I didn't know if she hated me.

I opened the door going in seeing her smiling to herself writing in a book. She looked at me and looked back down continuing to write.

"Hey baby." I said and she ignored me continuing to write.

"Why you here? First you bring me here and don't even care to stop by." She said.

"I'm here tho." I said and she rolled her eyes .

"Do you know what it's like to be in here. Stuck, trapped?" She asked.

"Worse then hell." She said through gritted teeth snapping the pencil in half.

"I want to go home!" She yelled and I closed my eyes.

"Daddy I'm lonely. Every time one of y'all comes to visit me it angers me. I don't know why so don't ask. Daddy imma die in here." She said and I looked at her.

"Your not gonna die in here Kind." I said and she shook her head as she stood up.

"Daddy I got one more week in this bitch, that's unless y'all think I should come back." She said.

"Kind of course we want you to come home, but you have to actually get better to be able to come home. You keep acting out like this breaking shit, they not gon let you come home." I said.

"I can't help it." She said.

"Well you better start acting right or dat ass isn't coming home." I said.

"Can you like shut the fuck up." She said and I laughed.

"Shut the fuck what? I ain't hear you." I said.

"Shut the fuck up!" She yelled and I nodded. I grabbed her by the neck and she quickly grabbed my hand.

"I'm tryna help yo lil stupid ass out but you obviously don't appreciate it. Keep on doing this shit this will be yo new home. Play wimme if you want to Kind. Do you like I use to do yo mama." I said and let her go. She looked at me with watery eyes.

"And you better not cry, you keep saying you want to leave but you not even trying to get better. Stop crying and start trying." I said and she shook her head.

"Those thoughts won't leave my head." She said lowly.

"Talk to somebody then Kind. It will make them go away. You so use to keeping your feelings bottled up and shit. Let dat shit out talk to somebody." I said and she nodded.

"Now you might feel like I'm being mean to you but I'm not. I'm just tryna tell you, you actually have to try to get better Kind." I looked at her notebook.