87 The Knife

"I thought you might want to know how Akihiko is doing now as you can't stop bugging me asking " He said as he walked through the dark living room. All the lights were turned off.
  "I don't think you care about me" He added.

Mako raised her eyebrows and was surprised.
  "You damn right I don't " she said chuckling.

"Yeah—Akihiko is alright now" Hiroyuki said through the phone calmly as he walked into the dark kitchen. He wasn't offended by Mako. He knows she never cared about him. He didn't want her to either.
  "He had been down. He turns soft when he's with me" he said softly.

"But hes alright now and I think I know why" he said looking through the kitchen window.

"Why is that" Mako asked. She knew that Akihiko had been down. She could see it in his face.
  It was too obvious.

"I think he was just worried and became anxious thinking about how I could possibly hate him and blame him about the poison....maybe also because he was worried that I might possibly die—again" Hiroyuki said.
  "That is why he is always so careful and soft towards me lately" he said.

"But I think what he wanted was just a confirmation. Something to show him that I love him very much" He said as he stared at the beautiful full moon.
  "I think he needed that and I gave it to him" he said.

Mako snickered through the phone.
  "Let me guess....Your 'confirmation' of love for him is sex" she said.

"Yes it was sex what did you expect" Hiroyuki said smiling a little. It was pretty obvious he thought.

Mako smirked and shook her head with disbelief.
  "Bet you're as happy as he is cause you got to hold down a devil" she said casually.

"Not just any devil. My little devil" Hiroyuki said smiling all by himself.

"Now that's cheesy " Mako said and laughed. She wanted to puke.

Hiroyuki had to admit, it was kinda cheesy...but it was the truth.
  "Is that enough? To pay off the debt" He asked.

"What? You telling me how Akihiko is doing? Oh sweetie of course no"she said giggling.

"Thought so" Hiroyuki said and sighed. He shook his head with disbelief. He knew it wasn't gonna be enough.
  "Though....I want to ask" Hiroyuki said and turned around. He walked towards the stove and walked along to the sink.

"Why are you so worried about how Akihiko is doing...when you were the one who started all of this" he asked smiling a little.

"I'm sorry?"Mako said.

"Come on....we all know—poisons don't fall from the sky. Not everyone can make them too" Hiroyuki said as his hand was touching the counter.
  "Only the special ones can make them" he said smiling.

Mako turned silent.

"And I wonder why....you did such a risky thing. If you cared so much about Akihiko, why would you hurt him like that" Hiroyuki said and looked down at the drawer.
  The locked drawer in the kitchen.

Mako suddenly giggled.
  "You thought I would do it, Hiroyuki?" She asked. She knows that Hiroyuki knows that she hated him. She didn't expect he would accuse her for such a thing.

"Its not impossible. You hate me anyway" Hiroyuki said raising his eyebrows.
  "You're the only person who had come into this house when Akihiko and I fought" he said

"You're making huge mistake "Mako said calmly.

"I hope I am" Hiroyuki said expressionlessly.
  "Cause I don't want to see Akihiko decapitate one of his close friends " he said.