79 The Cuff

Akihiko heard the soft ringing of the Wind Chime. It was soft like snow touching your skin. It was comforting and light.
He opened his eyes slowly and saw light. It wasn't bright nor was it too dark. It was barely lit and waem. It was a comforting warm.

He saw the sunlight shining through the curtains, lighting up the room dimly. He saw his own shadow on the floor. He saw his own wings covering the angel. Protecting him as his head was on the angel's chest.
  He stared at the angel, resting. He seemed peaceful as his eyes were closed shut.

Akihiko held him closer and curled up more on the cold floors. It was getting warmer. A good warmth.
  He put his head closer to his neck and closed his eyes. He felt his faint pulse and heard him breathing softly.

His heart calmed down to the faint sounds that shows Hiroyuki was still alive. His tears had dried out, the pain had numbed out. The sun was shining on them, giving Akihiko hope.
  He opened his eyes.
He picked up his heavy head slowly and sat up. He stared at the angel underneath him.

Hiroyuki seemed alright. He was breathing, his eyes were closed and he had stopped shaking.

It was truly a relief.

Akihiko touched his hand and felt his cold skin. He held it gently in his hands and felt his cold fingers.
  He kissed his knuckles softly with his eyes closed.
"I'll take care of you now " he whispered softly in the warm early morning.

He swore to himself that he'll never let anybody hurt his angel ever again.

...

Ring ring

Akihiko heard his phone ringing. It slowly got louder as he gained conscious. He woke up from his sleep and opened his eyes. Everything came into focus slowly.
He picked up his heavy head and looked at Hiroyuki sleeping soundly on the bed as he was sitting beside him on the chair, waiting for him to wake up. He felt relieved but still worried.

He rubbed his eyes a little and took his phone on the table lamp. There was a glass of water and a cloth that was stained with blood on the table. He took his ringing handphone and answered the call.
"Hello" Akihiko said with his tired voice.

"Where are you? You're late you know!"Mako said loudly through the phone.

It shocked him as she was too loud. He was used to the quiet. Akihiko said tiredly and rested his head on Hiroyuki's body,
"I'm sorry. I can't come in today".
He felt so tired, he couldn't even keep his eyes opened. Mako suddenly stopped for a moment.

She realised something was wrong.
"Hey.....is everything alright? You don't sound okay" Mako said softly feeling worried.

Akihiko closed his eyes slowly and didn't answer her. He breathed in and breathed out slowly. He didn't say anything.
He let the silence fill in the space.

Mako realised something and said softly,
"Its Hiroyuki isnt it?".

Akihiko pursed his lips and held back his tears. He was so emotional, he hated himself for being so.
He didn't want to cry. He didn't want Mako to know but he was struggling to hold it back.

"What happened?" Mako asked feeling concerned.

Akihiko gathered all his strength and held back his emotions
"Someone poisoned him" Akihiko said softly.

"He dropped down and turned unconscious. He was dying" he said and held Hiroyuki's hand tightly.He needed the support dearly.
"I used my powers to save him....then he started coughing out blood" Akihiko said as his eyes were glistening.