32 The Friend

"Itsuo?" Akihiko said and raised his eyebrows when it clicked to him who it was.

"Oh my, you still remember me?" He said smiling wide and was excited.

Akihiko covered the phone and put it on his shoulder. He looked at Itsuo who had the same height as he did.
His hair was dark grey, had a handsome face and he looked so happy to meet him but Akihiko seemed more shocked than happy.

"Well yea, you were the kind annoying rich kid back then....what's up? I mean...youre dead" Akihiko said honestly, looking up and down.
"And a devil? " Akihiko said raising his
eyebrows. Itsuo was his school friend when he was alive. he knew him quite well. It was weird seeing him becoming a devil.

Itsuo had always been nice to everyone and he is loved by many.
Akihiko gets annoyed by him most of the time because he is just too kind and dumb. He didn't expect him to become a devil.

"Well ahaha yea, wasn't good enough when I was alive I guess" Itsuo said chuckling but didn't feel offended by it.
"You live here?" he asked smiling.

"Ye-yea hold up" Akihiko said and turned a little as he picked up his phone again.
"Hiroyuki I'll get back to you, drive safe" Akihiko said softly through the phone and ended the call. He thought it was better to not leave him hanging.

"Who's that?" ltsuo said raising his eyebrows

"Someone......anyway you live here?" Akihiko asked as he kept his phone in his pocket.

"Trying to. I just became a devil. They said this place is good I'm still new so its kinda hard" Itsuo said smiling.

"Odd seeing you becoming a devil actually. You weren't that bad alive" Akihiko said raising an eyebrow. He knows for sure himself was bad. Seeing a kind person being a devil is pretty weird.

"Well.....you know. Things happened" Itsuo said chuckling.

Akihiko stopped himself from asking more. It was rude and also wrong to ask people about their past. It should be kept a secret and be respected.
Akihiko didn't actually care either so rather than hearing him talk he'd rather not know.

"I'd catch up and talk but I need to go and take a shower. I feel quite uncomfortable. I just got back from work" Akihiko said. He wanted to shower quick after the activity he did with Hiroyuki in the car.

"Oh yea sure. I understand. Can I get your number?" Itsuo asked taking out his phone

"Yea yea—why not" Akihiko said and took out his name card. He didnt really care.
He gave one to him and said,
"Just hit me up or whatever".

"Sure thing. Its so nice seeing you again. I....... never really had the chance to say goodbye" Itsuo said smiling faintly.

Akihiko stared at his smile silently. He suddenly smiled a little and said,
"Nobody did".

"See you soon" Akihiko said and walked pass him waving him goodbye.

"Okay! Good night" Itsuo replied happily.

..

Hiroyuki suddenly heard Akihiko talking to someone. It wasn't clear, the mic was covered.
He pursed his lips as he felt a little bit worried. He was just about to drive home. Akihiko had never put his call on hold before.

Suddenly Akihiko spoke to him.
"Hiroyuki, I'll get back to you" he said softly.

"Oh....okay" Hiroyuki said frowning and looked down. Somehow he felt a little hurt. He felt a little sad.
He had never felt such a way with Akihiko before. Akihiko said he'd wait until he got back home but now, he wanted to end the call early. It made him feel a little sad.