Daylight 59 - Doze

Daylight (59)

"W-What?!"

That's impossible.

"I-I have to go, sir Ash. May class pa po ako," said Caselee. My whole body was already trembling but I still managed to lightly reach for her arm.

"Caselee, tell me you're lying... She's not leaving with Paul. She's not leaving me!" I cautioned. I can feel my voice shaking.

She didn't respond. Caselee just looked at me with her mouth parted.

I nervously looked at my phone to check if Yanisa sent me a message but she didn't.

"Yanisa didn't send me a message. She didn't notify me at all. Stop playing with me, Caselee. It's not funny!" I warned.

She looked down before saying, "I am n-not..."

"She's sick! She just had a slight fever after our trip yesterday. She's in Ortigas with her mom! She will come back to school tomorrow!" 

Caselee pursed her lips and just looked at me with pity in her eyes. 

"Sir Ash... I'm sorry," she almost whispered.

"Is she not in Ortigas? Where is she, then?! Tell me, Caselee, please!" I begged.

"Just leave her be... sir..."

"What?! No!"

"S-She's going away. Hindi namin alam kung saan," she said.

I scoffed.

Fuck this. I ain't hearing this.

"Nasaan siya ngayon?!" I asked.

"I don't k-know po. We helped her pack her things last night. She's going out of the country but she never told us where she'll go. I'm being honest, sir. Wala kaming alam ni Eunnie kung saan siya pupunta."

My breathing is getting heavier by the moment. Panic is slowly taking over every part of me. I was supposed to talk again when Caselee's phone suddenly rang. She anxiously took it out from her pocket and Yanisa's name showed up.

She quickly tried to hide her phone from me but it was all too late. I've already seen it. 

All my life, I've always been the respectful and the polite one. I'm never the rude one. But this time, I didn't care at all. I had to know the truth. I need to know the answers. I took Caselee's phone and answered Yanisa's call by myself.

[Case?]

It was indeed Yanisa's voice. I didn't respond. I just can't believe she's calling her friends, and she's not calling me. What's with that? I am the boyfriend. I am the best friend, too. What the hell is happening?

[Babalik ako sa LIAM apartment. N-Naiwan ko yung stuffed toys ko. H-Hindi ko 'yun pwedeng malimutan... Hindi ko k-kaya...]

That's all I needed to hear.

I just needed to know where she is.

I hung up the call and ordered Caselee not to call Yanisa back. Then I hurriedly ran towards the LIAM apartment. It was the fastest I've ever ran my whole life.

Yanisa can't leave me like this! I know she's hurt. I know that no matter what angle you look at, I'm the one at fault. But we can talk this out! Leaving is not the solution to any problem. Damn!

And lying? Lying makes everything worse! Why was she suddenly lying to me? Nothing makes sense anymore. Agh!

Pinagtitinginan ako ng mga estudyante habang tumatakbo ako pero wala akong pakialam. I need to talk to my girlfriend. I need to stop her from leaving me, if she really is.