oops - Reggie Webber

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, ilguna.

Summary; ' hi!! love ur stuff, I was wondering if you could do a reggie one where they have been secretly dating for months and literally no one knows and for reader's birthday they decide to throw her surprise brithday party and she doesn't know everyone is in her house so her and reggie walk in kissing and everyone is like "WHAAAAT?" or something like, whatever you want lol '

Warnings; swearing, fluff

Word Count; 1.1k

——

You didn't really want to do anything special for your birthday. You just wanted to go out to dinner, maybe grab a drink or two, and then head back to your apartment. Chill out for the rest of the night.

This is because for the last couple of birthdays you've had, you've woken up the night after with a raging headache from the amount of alcohol you consumed the night before. You love your friends, you wouldn't change them for a damn thing in the world, but their drinking habits are something.

When you do drink, you keep it balanced as much as possible with water. If you have one alcoholic drink, then you're going to have water right after. Go back and forth until you feel like if anything else goes down your throat, you're going to puke. And not because you've drank too much, but because you don't want to drink anymore.

Everyone in the group goes hard when it comes to birthdays. First it's the fancy birthday dinner, where the restaurant scrambles to get a fucking table big enough for twenty people. Then there's the videos of them singing happy birthday. You're not really sure if anyone else feels this way exactly, but it's awkward to have a ton of people sing happy birthday to you.

What are you supposed to do during that time? That song is like a minute long, there's cameras all over you, and it's going to be posted on social media later. Knowing the fans, they're going to take screenshots and try to post the ones everyone looks good in. But still.

You spend like half the song trying to find a wish. What do you want for that year exactly? Then the song is suddenly over, people are telling you to make a wish and you're having to blow out the cake candles, which are melting, wax is getting everywhere, and you have no wish still.

It's not supposed to be a stressful situation, but it turns out being one. Plus, that's only the beginning. The birthday dinner and then the happy birthday afterward. You feel bad because one person will take the whole check when you're perfectly fine with paying for the whole thing.

After that, it's into the cars and then off to the nearest club. Which is when the drinking and the dancing starts. The strobe lights hurt your eyes, the loud music eventually gives you a headache. Your feet hurt, you're intoxicated, suddenly there's a creepy dude staring at you from the other side of the club.

It's not fun for some people. And for you, it really depends on the day.

So, this year you thought that you would be able to get away with having a casual birthday. Everyone else had seemed to be toned down a ton, you had barely heard a peep from them, so you thought that you were in the clear. No birthday dinner, no strobe lights, no drinking.

And since this is your first birthday while dating Reggie, it's an even more special occasion. He took you out to dinner, just the two of you. He tried to fight you on the check, but came to terms with splitting it since it was your birthday and it was what you wanted.

The two of you stopped to get ice cream on the way back to your apartment, and spent most of the time in the car having fun. Literally, this is the most calm birthday you've had in a very long time. And you hate to say it, but it's even more fun than having to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Reggie gave you a singular present, which was a pretty necklace that you had been fawning over for the last few weeks. There wasn't any pressure inside of the car, but you demanded to have the necklace put on you immediately, because it truly was beautiful.

He seemed to be pleased with himself that he found something that you like a lot. You thanked him a couple of times, and then chilled out for a while after. The only reason why you started to head home, was because you and Reggie were planning on playing old video games for a while to end off the night.

"I'm gonna kick your ass in every game possible." you tell him, "You're never going to win!"

"Babe, I'm older than you." Reggie says.

"And?" you prompt.

"I have more years of video game experience on you."

You turn to give Reggie a look, "Bull-fucking-shit! I grew up playing video games!"

Reggie leans down slightly, "So did I, dumbass."

"I might just have to fight you when we get inside of the apartment." you threaten, "And I'll kick your ass then too."

"Bring it on, just because you're the birthday girl, doesn't mean jack shit." He flexes slightly.

Reggie unlocks the apartment door, leaning down to kiss you as he pushes the door open.

It's a sweet moment between the both of you. Until there's a ton of other voices suddenly screaming "Surprise!"

You jump in surprise, covering your mouth as you look over to your friends. Phones out, cameras out, all staring at you and Reggie.

Did you ever mention that they don't know that you and Reggie are dating?

Not even Jake knows.

"Oh, fuck." Reggie presses his lips together, looking down at you for a moment, "Shit."

"What the fuck is going on?" Jake asks.

"There's no fucking way we all just caught this on camera." Corey is suddenly laughing.

A few others join in, "We have this on video!"

"We can't post this!" Devyn suddenly whines, and that's when there's a wave of groans.

Sam's laughing, and knowing him, he probably set the surprise party up in the first place, "You ruined it!"

"You ruined it!" You say back to him, "Tonight was supposed to be chill, now look what you did!"

"Chill in what way?" Jake asks.

Reggie sighs, "Calm down, we've been dating for a while now. It wouldn't be the first time."

You punch Reggie's arm, "Literally, shut up."

He laughs and you shake your head at him, "Anyway, it's up to (Y/n) if she wants to have a party. It's her birthday."

"Thanks," you mutter, shutting the door after pushing Reggie inside, "We party."

Sam asks if there's any way you guys could fake being surprised, just so that part of the video isn't missing. You and Reggie agree, retake the video, and it looks a lot more real than the first one did.

"Happy birthday," Reggie tells you, "We can play video games when they leave."

"Drunk gaming." you nod, "That will be interesting."