errands - Colby Brock

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, azurebrock.

Summary; ' Oooo could you do one where reader is like an assistant to colby like how Natalie is for David but she starts to date colby 🥺 '

Warnings; swearing, fluff

Word Count; 1.8k

——

Colby gave you a list of things to do today. You're thankful that he had warned you in advance, because had he not, then you would be overwhelmed as fuck right now. Running around the city of California, doing everything that you can do known to man.

They're not hard tasks, they're mostly mundane. Shit that you can do in your sleep, which was why you were so happy to accept to do it for him. Not that you really have a choice anyway. You could have asked him to space things out a little more, over the course of the entire week, if you had plans today.

But since he warned you a couple of days before, you cleared out your entire schedule and made sure to double check with your friends that they weren't going to plan things with you, but without you knowing. Since they manage to do that a lot more than you realize.

You feel like you've been back and forth to the apartment complex and the other things on the lists a hundred times. You've filled up his gas tank, you've gone grocery shopping and brought it back to him so they wouldn't get old in the car. Picked up lunch for him, Sam and Katrina–and bought yourself something while you were at it.

You've been to Reggie and Cassie's P.O. box to pick up some boxes that were taking up space, as well as UPS to get other packages that Colby had ordered, or were getting sent to him because of companies promoting their stuff. Colby and Sam collected all of their stuff in the lobby of the apartment, and then you headed off to Reggie.

You thought for a second that Colby hadn't actually needed any of these things done at first. You've never had to pick up packages for him before, so you thought it was going to be a bust. Like he just wanted to make you work for the money, but it turned out to be real.

To have a busy day like this is nearly impossible. You get the grocery shopping stuff, he has basically nothing in his apartment. And there are times when you're even having to cook dinner for him because he's so immobile. Those are the times you teach him to cook.

He knows the basic stuff, but anything more complicated than mac and cheese, suddenly his brain fries and he forgets his own name. Much less how to turn on a stove and get some water boiling. It's funny most of the time, you tease him about it but others it's a little sad.

He's starting to pick things up though. Tonight you're supposed to teach him how to make something else. It was part of the grocery list, and you're hoping that he put everything away and didn't just leave it on the counter like a twelve year old. If so, almost all of it will go bad.

Resisting the urge to double-check and call Colby, you pull into the gas station to fill it up again before you head back to Colby to give him a run down of everything that you've done today. There were a few things you couldn't do just yet, and he appreciates the information ahead of time.

Like if he's ordered something, you'll check the UPS when you pick up all the other packages, they'll say they don't have it. So then you'll check the tracking ID, figure out when it'll be there, write it down, and then give it to Colby so he can plan accordingly. Same thing with Sam. Colby sometimes has you run his errands when they're both really busy.

They have been a lot busier recently, since they're always making new series. They're out of their apartments, so they ask you to check up on them. You don't have to do it for Jake because Tara has his keys. But you'll also do it for Corey. Just to make sure that no one has broken into them.