university is awful - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "Can you do an imagine where the reader and Colby are dating and the reader is doing online college and is stressed out over the amount of homework the reader has to do???

Warnings; swearing

Word Count; 1,129 words

,

——-

Homework on weekends is the one thing you despise more than anything. And so when your online professor decided to give you a whole ass project to do in three days, you might as well have given up everything. Well, you have, but you don't want to accept defeat that easily.

You want to go next door and hang out with everyone at Sam's apartment. But it's going to be a little impossible to do. It's not like you can bring your laptop in there and work on your project. Knowing you, you'll get distracted pretty easily, and then you won't have any work done on the damn thing.

After working your ass off all week to catch up on what you've missed—you were basically deathly sick, you were sure that you were going to die in your bed for a good week—you're given a project. No gift from the Gods on the hard work you did to make sure that you didn't fall behind. Just more work to do.

The universe is awful, and you can't believe that you thought taking a college class was good for even a second. You were so motivated and excited to finally get a degree in something you're passionate about. And now you'd rather just quit and go back to working an actual job most of the day.

At least then you'd have free time. And you wouldn't be taking tests every Fridays like you did back in high school. Sometimes, you even wish the online class is canceled some days. But the professor isn't standing right in front of you, which means no lecture. Plenty of notes for you to have, but he won't actually have to do anything.

He can in all honesty, just give you shit to do every single day of the week without a care in the world. He does have to teach in person too, but the days when he doesn't feel like doing that, the students in the class don't get work. Doesn't mean you get to slide by that easily too. He just gives you the shit to do and you can't even raise a damn finger about it.

In a way, it's unfair. But it's mostly fair, you're the one that signed up for this, knowing exactly what the hell you'd be getting yourself into. And yet you still decided to go ahead with it all.

Online classes have eaten up your free time. And made it nearly impossible for you to spend time with your boyfriend. Who's getting ready to go over to his best friend's apartment. Two doors down the hallway.

"Still working on that?" Colby asks, coming out of his bathroom looking refreshed.

You lift your head from where you were resting it against your palm, "Yeah, I have to take the rest of the notes tonight so I can start the slides tomorrow."

Colby's face twists, "Does that mean you're not coming to pizza night?"

You shrug, not really wanting to put a damper on the mood as you turn to look at the computer screen again. Eyes picking up the place where you left off. You write down the little bit of information.

"Do you need help?" Colby asks, "I could take notes for you or something."

You laugh lightly, shaking your head as you look up to him again, "You wouldn't even know what to write down."

Colby doesn't seem bothered as he pulls out a stool and sits down next to you, "Well, then I'll just keep you company."

"No offense babe, but you're going to be a distraction if anything. Go ahead and have fun at Sam's. I'll pop in or something later."

"But I wanted to spend the night with you," Colby tells you, leaning against the counter, watching your face closely as you go back to taking notes, "What if you finish up this article and then come over?"

"The project is due on Sunday," you tell him, "There's absolutely no way I'll be able to get it done by then if I take tonight off."

"It's just one day late," Colby sighs, "One day."

"I know," you mutter, looking up at him again, "But projects are due on the due date. I can't turn it in late unless I want points docked."

"How many points?" Colby asks you.

"It's worth a hundred," you tell him, "Everyday that it's late, I get five taken off. But we have to take my information that I'm putting on the slides into consideration. That'll also dock me points and—"

"Yeah, you need to chill out," Colby tells you, "Come on, let's go and hang out at Sam's."

"I told you—"

Colby does a weird voice, "Does it look like I give a fuck?"

"No," you mutter, finishing up what you're writing, "This matters a lot to me."

"And you matter to me," Colby tells you, "Watching you stress out is making me stressed. You just need a day to cool off. You've been working hard all week, one day off won't hurt you. I'm sure your professor won't care."

"That's what you think," you tell him, and Colby gets up from the stool.

"That's what I know," he grins cheekily, "because I'm your professor now, and I want you to learn on communication. AKA, let's go over to Sam's and we can just kick it."

Sighing, you know that this will be a losing battle if you try and tell him no. So, you close your laptop and set the pen down onto your notebook. After you grab your phone, Colby takes your hand and leads you out of his apartment.

"Just for a little bit," you try to bargain.

"Nope, because Sam wants to have a Mario Kart competition and it's going to be no fun if you're not there." Colby presses a kiss to your cheek, shutting the apartment door behind you two.

When you two are outside of the door, Colby offers you a small glance. But he has to do a double-take when he sees that you're frowning, "Just try to have fun, okay?"

"Yeah," you smile at him, "Promise."

"Good," Colby gives you a real kiss this time, and then he opens the door, "Look who's decided to join us!"

"More like you're kidnapping me, but go off," you laugh, and a couple of happy faces greet you.

"(Y/n)! Ready to kick some ass?" Katrina leans against the couch, "I told them that you'd have to be my partner when it comes to Mario Kart. We're going to be playing in teams."

"Damn," Kevin shakes his head, "We're all going to lose."

"Colby tells us you're quite good at the game," Devyn smiles, "Let's see about that."