Honeymoon Stage - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "helloo so can you do an imagine where colby and reader are at a party and colby ends up really drunk then cheats on her? their relationship was already strainged and it kinda led u to colby cheating. and they end up fighting which ends up in them splitting."

Warnings; swearing, angst

Word Count; 1,132 words

Pronouns; Female

,

——-

You don't remember the last time you had sat down next to Colby without one of you moving, or a fight starting.

Sitting in silence brings up too much tension, making one of you crack and take a bite at the other. Which normally ends in the both of you disappearing somewhere.

That's one of the reasons why you two are hardly seen in the same room together anymore. Sam won't invite you over if Colby is, and that goes for everyone else. If one of you are already going, then the other has to be excluded to not risk a fight between you two breaking out.

However, tonight is one of those nights where you and Colby had managed to come to a slight standstill. Neither of you had so much as looked at each other, when you got inside of the house, meaning that this party was going to go better than you thought.

Colby just went and hung out with his guy friends, and you stuck it out with Devyn and Kat. Since they know how to have fun at a party, and you were looking to let loose a little bit. After the week you'd had with Colby.

The honeymoon phase between your guys' relationship was far overdue. And it ended a long time ago, but you two hadn't sat down to discuss the chances of breaking up.

No, not chances. Breaking up in general.

It would be the best for you two.

You know that, your friends know that, he knows that. It' just been delayed so much, that you're not sure where to start with it. And you're afraid that if you're the first to call it quits, then you're going to be the bad guy.

That's why you're hoping he'll break it off with you. For many reasons.

You don't want to make him look bad by breaking up with him. He doesn't deserve to have his fans coming after him like that. Pestering him as to why you two broke up in the first place, even though it's going to come out via someone who didn't know that it's supposed to stay on the down low.

In all honesty, you'd rather look bad than him. He has a total future ahead of him, and to ruin that would break your heart.

You still feel for him, there's no way that you won't. After dating for a couple of months, you've learned to love. But in the end, you're going to have to get over it, and move on.

Plus, before you two were dating, you still knew him beforehand for about a year. That's why he thought you two would be a perfect fit in the first place, because of all the history you two had before.

At least you can say that you two tried. And that it wasn't just for a bunch of shit. That you two had genuinely worked out for a couple of months to the point where you thought it would never end.

You stand in the corner, drink in hand as you watch Kat and Devyn play beer pong. It turns out Kat is making more shots than Devyn is, but they're still having fun the same.

"You suck," Kat laughs, throwing hers again. It lands in the middle cup, and she throws her arms up in victory.

After she twirls around, Devyn rolls her eyes, leaning on her hip slightly, "Are you done?"

"Yup," Kat smiles, and when Devyn throws her ball, it hits the rim of one of Kat's cups, before bouncing in one of the hardest cups to get a ball in.

Devyn sets down her alcohol on the table for a second, before doing a dance to mock Kat. There's laughter between them, and you crack a smile.

"Not so bad after all," Devyn smirks.

"That's the first shot you've made in the past five minutes," you point out, but Devyn shushes out as she throws another, and misses.

"You jinxed it."

"Oops," you muse, before taking a sip of your cup again.

Your eyes sweep the room out of habit. Mainly because you can't really do anything, and it's interesting to see what other people are doing sometimes.

However, you wish you had just kept the conversation up with Kat and Devyn for a little bit longer. Because maybe then, you wouldn't have seen what you just did.

You take a couple of steps forward, trying to see around the people that just walked in front of them and stopped. Blocking your sight.

"What's up?" Kat asks, and you set your cup down, proceeding to grab one of the cups filled with water—to save the alcohol for drinking.

"Motherfucker," you hiss, starting towards Colby.

"(Y/n)?" Devyn asks, and then adds, "Oh shit,"

Colby is still kissing the girl by the time you've reached the corner where they're standing. And anger flares up inside of you when they don't bother to turn to see who's stopped next to them.

"Cole Robert Brock," you snarl, grabbing his shirt and yanking him away from her.

He chokes on his shirt for a second, looking to see who it is. And when his eyes land on you, it's almost like he's embarrassed for a second. But then his face matches the amount of anger you're feeling right now.

"What the fuck do you want?" he asks.

"I cannot fucking believe you. You said you were better than this!" you yell at him, "At least have the decency to break up with me you fucking asshole!"

Colby rolls his eyes, leaning against the wall behind him, "I didn't think you'd care."

Tears brim your eyes. Whether they're from embarrassment, anger or grief, you have no idea. But you're sure that'll get settled once you're by yourself tonight.

"Fuck you," you spit at him, and when he opens to say something, you throw the water at him—he can't sue you for that—and then proceed to chuck the cup at his head too, "We're over. Like we should've been a while ago."

There's a moment of shock from Colby, and he goes to say something again, but you've turned around. Starting right back to where Kat and Devyn are.

"Stay here," Devyn says, "I'm going to go get my car keys."

"Why?" You ask.

Kat eyes where Colby is, "Milkshakes. Fast food. And tubs of ice cream."

You dare yourself to look at Colby when Devyn leaves. And that's when you see the girl standing there isn't having it either. That she's also yelling at him for a moment, pushing him back against the wall.

Then she also leaves, letting Colby stand there alone, drenched in water after having been yelled at twice.

It was long overdue.