December 8, 2014 [Importance]

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity." ~1 Timothy 4:12

Importance-

As soon as I read this verse, I knew I wanted to talk about it. It's so inspiring. Out of all of the verses I've talked about, I think this one is the most relatable.

We are looked down upon a lot. It could be adults, older siblings, or even upperclassmen. It's not a good feeling to know someone thinks you are incapable of doing something. Don't let that get you down for a second. No matter what age, we are all human beings. We are all filthy people covered in our sins. When Jesus died on the cross for our sins, He wasn't only thinking of the adults; He was thinking of all of the kids too.

I personally don't see youth as a bad thing; I think we could use it to our advantage. Impress the adults by your maturity. Set an example for some adults that may not be following the right path. Young Christians are so important. They are the ones that can spread God's word. They are the ones who can introduce The Lord to their friends. They are the ones their friends will admire. When you're in school, you spend a lot of time around others more than adults do at work. You have a lot more opportunities to set an example. So, show people you live for Christ! Show them what an impact He has on your life! Be mature, for your physically age will not hold you back!

Dear God, sometimes I feel as if I'm at a disadvantage because of my age. I'm still learning, and I can't possibly know enough about You to tell others. Please show me I am wrong. I can be an example of Your works to others. My age won't stop me from shining as a light for You. Amen.