May 22, 2014 [Joy]

(A/N: Good news! I'm out of school, so I should have a lot more time to write entries! I love you guys and thank you for helping me through the rough patch. I hope you enjoy this entry.)

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful." ~Proverbs 15:13

Joy-
Don't you feel so much better when you're happy? You're just...happy! There isn't another way to put it! And that's when everything is perfect, and there are no dark patches in your live right now, right? But what happens when you do have dark patches in your life? You're not very happy, are you?

Sure, it's easy to be happy when everything is perfect; that's easy. Everyone is when things are going your way. But when one dark spot comes into our vision, all of that vanishes. Whatever made us happy an hour ago? It's completely forgotten about. That's because we're human, and we focus on the small smudge on a clean, blank white piece of paper.

Have you forgotten the things that won't be turned into smudges? The things that can't be taken away from us? God loves you! And He's giving us a second chance! And He's blessed you with so many thing. Stop reading for a moment and just look around you. Look at how many things God has provided you with! He's provided you with a home, an education, a bed, family, friends, the list is literally endless. We are all so blessed, and sometimes we forget that. I don't know about you guys, but I think that's something pretty awesome to be happy about!

Don't forget to smile about it! Your smile can really impact a lot! There could be someone at your school that really needs a friend. Take the time just to smile at somebody! Smiles are contagious, and it's always good to be smiling! It shows that you are happy inside.

So the next time you have a smudge on your paper, focus on all the white. Because there is a lot more white than black.

Dear God. I know sometimes I pity myself. It's because I focus on the storm in my life instead of all the sunshine there is! You've blessed me so well! Please remind me often, so I can thank You for everything. Help my happiness bleed through my pain, because life will be a lot better with a smile on my face. I love You. Amen.