June 8, 2016 [God's Timing]

"Wait with hope for the Lord. Be strong, and let your heart be courageous. Yes, wait with hope for the Lord." ~Psalm 27:14

God's Timing-

If I'm being completely honest, I feel like I become impatient several times in a day. It's not a good thing to do, but it does happen often. I've been helping with preschool in vacation bible school this week, and sometimes little kids can be frustrating. When they talk back or don't listen or don't sit still, you have to have patience with them.

Even as teenagers—and later on as adults—that's a pretty accurate depiction of our walk with God. We won't always listen or obey what He tells us to do. We won't continue to follow the path He has laid out for us. Yet, thank goodness He has patience with us! Can you imagine how frustrating we can be sometimes? But despite all of that, He remains completely patient.

Like I said earlier, that's something a lot of us lack. When we want things, we expect a response immediately. With the kids this week, I noticed they would use the word "now" a lot. "I want to play now. I want a snack now. I want to go outside now." We may not be wanting the same things, but how many times do we use "now" with God? "I want things to get better now. I want to see results now. I want this to happen now."

I think sometimes we forget how perfect God's timing is. He knows so much more than we can imagine about each and every one us. Wouldn't you want Him to be in charge? When we want things right now, more than likely God is telling us to wait. He will bless us at the right time. If it is His will, He will always deliver; it's our responsibility to be patient and faithful to Him before and after.

Dear God,
Sometimes I get pretty impatient. Remind me that Your timing is perfect, and that I need to wait on You, Lord. You will bless me with what I need when I need it, not when I want it. Help me remember that You know more than I do, and that You have my best interest at heart. Thank you.