February 28 2014 [Popularity]

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated often... I honestly don't have any excuses for it, I've just been a slacker :/ but I swear I'm going to try to update more!

Popularity-

For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? ~Luke 9:25

That verse up there has a lot to say. Think about it. Really, think about it for a second. Is it honestly worth becoming "cool" by today's standards to not be yourself anymore, or worst of all, not be who God wants you to be? In today's world, Miley Cyrus is considered "cool". Is that really who you want to be like? If you haven't figured it out yet, popularity is bad news! I had to learn the hard way, and it SUCKS. I used to be the little nerdy kid. Now I'm friends with the popular girls, and let me tell you, I would take it back for anything. I had it SO good as a little nerd, I was happy! I had FRIENDS, GOOD FRIENDS. Now Im surrounded by people that gossip, and are only concerned about themselves, boyfriends, their status at school. NONE of this is important to God. He doesn't see any labels. Honestly, who cares how others see you? If you're doing what you love, and living by God's standards, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. I would much rather be considered nice and a good example for God, then pretty and popular. So make sure you surround yourself with people who will encourage these things, not discourage them.

Dear God, please help me to be a good example for you. You're all that matters, and You're all that I need. Through the storm, He is Lord, Lord of all. If you are Lord of all, what else do I need? And if our God is for us, then what can stand against?! NOTHING! I can do so many things with the God of angel armies on my side, but I need you to give me the courage and strength Lord. Amen.