May 9, 2014 [Speaking]

Speaking

"For it is not you who will be speaking--it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." ~Matthews 10:20

Let's be honest. We all have those types of days where nothing seems to be going right. Everything you do, you mess up somehow. Nothing is going your way.

I don't know about you guys, but most of the time, I'm confused on these types of days. I need someone to tell me what to do next, how to fix things. That person we long for is God. We need Him to tell us the answers. So you may be wondering, how will He communicate them to us?

Well, first off, you can pray. Sometimes when I pray, I have this feeling in my heart, and my heart basically tells me what I need to do. Other times, God speaks to you through the Bible. Have you ever noticed when you read a chapter from the Bible, it applies to what is happening in your life right then? I love when that happens; I get this marvel feeling inside of me. He can also speak to you through devotionals. Who knows, He could be talking to you right now in this devotional, through me! I have a devotional of my own I read every night, and it's amazing how most nights it is spot on about what I need help with or what I've been thinking about lately.

Lastly, God can talk to you through others. Sometimes He uses people to get through to you and guide you on the right track. I love having conversations with my friends about God. It puts me in a really good mood, and it's nice to help guide each other. Just as He can speak through friends, He can speak through you! For me, it feels natural, like God is putting the words right in my mouth. Make a point to try to talk to people about God. You shouldn't be nervous or scared because God will tell you exactly what to say.

DearGod, sometimes, life is difficult to get through. Please speak to me throughprayer, the Bible, and others. Help me through whatever storm I am currentlydealing with. I enjoy talking to You, and I want to strengthen ourrelationship. Also, speak through me to others. I want to be someone who guidespeople to You. Amen.