September 16 2014 [Living for Jesus]

(A/N: okay, before I start, I have a huge thank you to give all of you. Some of you may have seen, but I have now reached 50k reads! I'm in absolute awe! Whenever I started this book, I never dreamed more than maybe 100 people would ever see it! I'm not going to repeat the story I've told many times before about my struggles the past two years, but I am going to repeat my thanks! A lot of people may believe I'm like a saint and everything goes my way, but I promise you, it is as far from that as it gets. Being a Christian can sometimes be hard, but you have to stand strong in your faith. For most people as you get older, you drift farther and farther away from God, and I feel almost like that is happening to me. I'm gripping onto Him, but my grip is slipping at the same time. I am absolutely terrified of drifting away, but I believe The Lord is so involved in my life that I would feel an absence that would never be filled! The point is, this book is a huge reason why I haven't let go yet! Coming on here and reading all of your sweet comments and messages makes me heart swell! I always feel happier and more confident and more purposeful! You guys are able to create that confidence in me! I cannot thank you enough, and I pray none of you will you drift away from Jesus, for His love for us is eternal! Also, feel free to message me if you have a prayer request, or you just want to talk!)

Living for Jesus-

"Whatever you do, do it for The Lord." ~Colossians 3:23

That verse says a lot, doesn't it? I mean, really think about it. Everything we do needs to be for The Lord. Everything we do that makes up our day, we need to be telling ourselves that we are doing it for the glory of God. Because honestly, that's the entire reason we are here on Earth. We are hear to spread Jesus' message, and to glorify and praise Him in the process. Sometimes, all of this can be pretty overwhelming. And in today's society, it's hard to do this. We all have to go to school, and we are all focusing on our work and studies. For this, take baby steps and do small things.

I can't stress enough how important it is to represent Jesus. I've read a line from a poem that's beyond true: "There's a problem with the way you're living your life if people can only tell you're a Christian by your FaceBook." I don't know about you all, but several times I've gone to check a person's instagram bio to see if they're a Christian or not. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't, and sometimes it doesn't say anything at all. My bio has only a bible verse because I think the most important thing people should know about me is that I am a Christian. I have a bible verse that means a lot to me, and truly represents who I am and who God has made me to be. But sometimes when I check, I'll see a bible verse or Jesus with a heart by it and I'll think, "That doesn't quite match up..." Don't let somebody think that. Make every action of yours represent Christ in some way. Other times, I won't even have to check because I know they are a Christian without even asking. Let that be you. Let people know who you live for.

I am willing to bet you know at least one kid at your school who isn't a Christian. I am not telling you to "force" our beliefs onto them, I'm simply saying to show them kindness. Say hi to them, or even simply smile. Be kind to those people, and you will be representing God. And, if you think you can take it a step further, tell them you'll pray for them, or even invite them to your church. You have to be careful though, because you don't want to upset their parents. Just be nice and make it clear who you live for, not only to them, but to everyone. Remember, actions speak louder than words, or in this case bios.

Dear God, I want people to know how much I love You. I want people to know how much You love them. Help me make that clear to people through the way I live. Show people that I am weak, and I need You desperately. I love You. Amen.