August 14 2014 [It's Okay]

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." ~Proverbs 3:5

It's Okay-

Hey guys! So I have some news! I thought I could use this to make a chapter! Well, if you read my last chapter, you'd see I ran for VP at my school! We voted today, and found out and....I didn't win! Yes it stung a litte, but I say this with joy! I didn't win! That's another way of saying, God didn't open that door so I would be available when other doors did. This bible verse not only has a lot to do with this situation, but almost anything else that is hard! I trust The Lord will all of my heart, and if He didn't want me to win, then I don't either. I believe He has bigger and better things planned for me. If anything like this has happened to you, don't worry, it's going to happen again. But I propose looking at it from this standpoint! He's saving you for bigger things others aren't fit for! And I think the girl who did win will do a really great job.

Anyways, I believe my whole campaign was more memorable then the job itself! I will always remember as the time I truly became the person I am now. This week has literally been life changing for me! I've stepped out of my comfort zone, and it's made me so much happier!! Talking to people you haven't ever spoken to before is such a great thing! You may be the only person who talks to them that day, and they don't forget those kinds of things! During my campaign, I made it a mission to talk to people who are usually ignored by everyone else. Because I know how that feels! I was one of them! Just to be a light in someone's day is such an amazing thing to accomplish! I would much rather make someone's day than get a vote anyday! It came to a point when I started talking to people not for their vote, but just to do a kind act! And even though the campaign is over, I'm still going to strive to do this, and I encourage you too! It just takes one time out of your comfort zone, and then there's no going back! :)

Dear God, I want to be light in people's lives for You! I want them to know how much You've impacted my life, because that is the most important quality I possess! I know some things happen in life that I don't necessarily agree with, but please help me understand that You had it end this way for a reason. I put my full trust in You, Lord. Amen.